Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Screenshot_16.png

Mmm, NASDAQ traded strong against DOW all day - down 4% against DOW’s 6.3% at the end - and is beginning to look a tad fed-up with being dragged down. It may be the one to lead the charge if the closing couple of hours follows through.

FTSE is holding up well, lots of blue this morning.

A 36% drop on the dow from its highs means a 56% return when it gets back up there.

Time to buy!

ttb.png

FTSE is holding up well, lots of blue this morning.

A 36% drop on the dow from its highs means a 56% return when it gets back up there.

Time to buy!

All this devastation has occurred in four weeks so far and I would have thought it will take as least as many years to recover. There may well be a massive “relief bounce” when the dreaded virus falls by the wayside but, in the meantime, many companies will have suffered fatally and many will be in intensive care for some time. Can’t see consumer demand being all that rosy, either, what with job and income loss and bombed out savings accounts. The Trump Trillions might paper over the cracks for a bit I suppose. Still, if you make toilet rolls you may be shitting pretty.

All this devastation has occurred in four weeks so far and I would have thought it will take as least as many years to recover. There may well be a massive “relief bounce” when the dreaded virus falls by the wayside but, in the meantime, many companies will have suffered fatally and many will be in intensive care for some time. Can’t see consumer demand being all that rosy, either, what with job and income loss and bombed out savings accounts. The Trump Trillions might paper over the cracks for a bit I suppose. Still, if you make toilet rolls you may be shitting pretty.
I see what you did there. ;)

2 months after the China outbreak started no more cases reported.
Italy is 3 weeks into the virus and should be seeing a falling number of cases within days, (lets see how long it takes MSM to report GOOD news like that).
The rest of us in the UK will be following Italy by 10 to 14 days.
All in my non medical opinion of course, just basic maths.

Your calculation assumes the same actions taken. At know the UK is not doing enough and the UK public are dumb arrogant shits still going to the pub. The Chinese were properly locked down

Your calculation assumes the same actions taken. At know the UK is not doing enough and the UK public are dumb arrogant shits still going to the pub. The Chinese were properly locked down

Chinese had well designed and practised pandemic plans. They are designed to lock down areas very quickly and sustain them through an pre-organised network. They basically have a civil defence system which is geared up for this. For example they locked down the whole city of Wuhan very rapidly and enforced it. The network of neighbourhood and district committees etc have a pre-planned reporting and sustainment system. An example: all the restaurants were co-opted to produce takeaway food which was then distributed through the network to households/flats through the network of neighbourhood committees twice a day.
This did not happen on the spur of the moment. Likewise the planning and mobilisation of resources to rapidly build and operate 2000 bed hospital facilities and staff them.
They are now gradually letting small numbers in specific neighbourhoods some controlled release ( inkspots) to test the effect ie checking infection rates - sniffing the air so to speak! and if they start rising they can quickly clamp down if the rate rises.
With the exception of Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore and a couple of other Asian countries the rest of the world was caught with their pants round the ankles!

Gold has been taking a pounding in 8 of the last 10 days.
Reverting to 'fair' value or people selling to buy stocks?