Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

How bout this one? Good discipline? Was the tarder right to close where he did?

6099-darktone-albums-general-4-picture4414-tarde.jpg

Never go broke making a profit :LOL:

Was this actually a real trade?

The point im trying to make is look at all those points the trader DIDNT lose
Hi DT,
Just want to check I'm reading your chart correctly. . .

You opened a long position circa 10,600, held it for nine days during which time it went offside by almost 600 points, and then you closed it at or around break even. Is that right - or am I missing something?
Tim.

Last edited:
The point im trying to make is look at all those points the trader DIDNT lose

firstly maddogs ftse trade 08.27 short 6802 closed 10.24 6814 -12.
(on my preferred 2min) he did have a number of opportunities to get out for a smaller loss,even in the black.he could have maybe saved a few points but he was right to get out.it happened to turn but like he said he was on the wrong side of the pattern,where it could well have squeezed higher and who knows for how much.so he'll get back -12 quicker than -50+

Hi DT,
Just want to check I'm reading your chart correctly. . .

You opened a long position circa 10,600, held it for nine days during which time it went offside by almost 600 points, and then you closed it at or around break even. Is that right - or am I missing something?
Tim.

Thats the one tim ;)

that guys worse than me!
but dax and on 1hr is not my market.

or should i say no longer my market but i have been there a couple years ago.about 5 positions,holding for over a week,finally waking up one morning having had enough and closing out about -700.
holding an hour more and i would have been plus a few hundred.

or should i say no longer my market but i have been there a couple years ago.about 5 positions,holding for over a week,finally waking up one morning having had enough and closing out about -700.
holding an hour more and i would have been plus a few hundred.

Thats interesting. What is it exactly that you had had enough of?

seriously, its a fascinating (and essential) thing to consider as a tarder. what is it thats drives the 'I cant take it anymore' . what is it that makes us puke em up?

6099-darktone-albums-general-4-picture4418-tim-puked.jpg

seriously, its a fascinating (and essential) thing to consider as a tarder. what is it thats drives the 'I cant take it anymore' . what is it that makes us puke em up?

6099-darktone-albums-general-4-picture4418-tim-puked.jpg

Literally that sickening feeling everyday for longer than a week,it was close to 2 weeks being over Christmas period.neglecting sleep/diet/exercise and just sitting and watching screen.
Imagine what a real trade would be like if demo/paper has that affect!

Literally that sickening feeling everyday for longer than a week,it was close to 2 weeks being over Christmas period.neglecting sleep/diet/exercise and just sitting and watching screen.
give up then :smart:

Everything there is a symptom. What gave life to that behaviour and those feelings?
Actually, lets take this to your thread.

firstly maddogs ftse trade 08.27 short 6802 closed 10.24 6814 -12.
(on my preferred 2min) he did have a number of opportunities to get out for a smaller loss,even in the black.he could have maybe saved a few points but he was right to get out.it happened to turn but like he said he was on the wrong side of the pattern,where it could well have squeezed higher and who knows for how much.so he'll get back -12 quicker than -50+

you would easily have had 80 percent win rate trading against certain individuals this year......some called themselves analyst, some called themselves investors but there is one mighty Yoda named piphoe, so wait for those low gap opens and you will see wonders

the DOW is meandering around the lows ..the lower TL is almost horizontal!

all heels going break lose we lose that TL!!:eek:

Poor risk management and undercapitalised.

Well he started out iirc with around 100k so you cant really call him under capitalised. His total exposure (according to the puked trades) comes in a touch over 4x, getting hot for a pro but stone cold next to your average tarder.
At a glance doesnt looked like he manages his size very well. He also uses stops.

Theres something else that hinders this guy, you can see it in the videos.