Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Interesting f2calv I am doing exchange based options on DAX but the IG daily's are an interesting concept.

I've been playing with the IG options the last couple of days and already I'm pretty much sold on the general concept, but I need to do a lot more reading.

Am planning on using their API to pull out all and tabulate the strike prices on a live basis as their web interface is way too clunky to be properly useful.

What experience do you have of options?

if the dow is struggling to retake 17,900 I dont think 18,000 is on the cards this week.

Hell will freeze over before Feds raise rates this side of the year :devilish:

I hope the Devil has a woolly hat and mittens ready.
;)

Attachments

• hellfr.jpg
    hellfr.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 85
Careful chaps.

About that DAX 50 point drop in a minute......

I've heard of IG monitoring and locking user accounts or playing silly buggers.....

During the dump I noticed all my tickets disappear including the deal tickets on the charts :eek:

The deal tickets magically re-appeared when the DAX finished taking a poo :(

... Anyone else ?

About that DAX 50 point drop in a minute......

I've heard of IG monitoring and locking user accounts or playing silly buggers.....

During the dump I noticed all my tickets disappear including the deal tickets on the charts :eek:

The deal tickets magically re-appeared when the DAX finished taking a poo :(

... Anyone else ?

By deal ticket do you mean the buy/sell buttons on prorealtime via ig? If so then yes they disappear from time to time, have done for months, I would imagine ig prevent new trades momentarily whilst their hedging systems catchup with recent volatility.

I'm semi-bullish for today, next week that's a different question...
Todays daily index options now open;

ftse 6450 CALL - 1 contract @ 4.6
dax 11060 CALL - 5 contracts @ 6.1
dax 11200 CALL - 2 contracts *
dow 18000 CALL - 1 contract @ 29.6

Total risk of £350, I will possibly scale out of the dax positions earlier on in the session if at all possible to cover the premium.

The weekly charts on Dax and Dow are a mess.
It's looks like it should go down today but the Dowboys have been buying relentlessly day after day.
Have they exhausted themselves before the jobs numbers?

Chop fest until 1.30 then who knows, I'm sitting this out today. Good luck.

Fair enough postie, and thanks ;)

Happily enough my risk is limited and I had a good day yesterday so today I'll let the dice fall where they may...

Agreed a tank is due so I was already planning to a couple of longer and a couple of short term PUTs if/when we get above 18000 / 11000.

By deal ticket do you mean the buy/sell buttons on prorealtime via ig? If so then yes they disappear from time to time, have done for months, I would imagine ig prevent new trades momentarily whilst their hedging systems catchup with recent volatility.

Yup.

Thanks for verifying that f2calv, first time it has happened to me for me to worry - although I think I've see it before but thought nothing of it.

Not only do we have to battle the markets we have to fight the IG ***** too (n)

Best regards