Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The main event today was the second auction of liquidity provision by the ECB, the so-called TLTRO (Targeted longer-term refinancing operations). These ECB’s operations are intended to stimulate the provision of credit by European banks, through the injection of liquidity in the interbank market to near 0% interest rates. The first operation took place in September, but banks only required 82 600 M. €, which was well below the 400 000 M. € which were the maximum ceiling that the ECB was willing to give. The European institutions asked the Central Bank for 129 840 M. €, aligned with the estimated value which was expected between 100 000 M. € and 170 000 M. €. A portion of the amount requested today will be applied to replace the loans requested from the ECB 3 years ago and which mature in the coming months and may not represent additional liquidity in the banking system. The outcome of today’s auction may influence the ECB’s decision on the adoption of a sovereign debt purchase program. That the request is deemed low, then the ECB will have more arguments to implement new measures of monetary stimulus, so that the balance of this institution reaches 3 000 000 M. € as intended.

i will have a pint please
2unvd07.jpg

^You will not believe this but i once went into a pub and asked for a Guinness shandy only to be told it was banned lol.very difficult to pour apparantly.i got it in the end but what a bull**** excuse

short at 2055 at the res we called
just closed at 2043
time for another beer

Last edited:
Yes thanks. Not sure I will be in. Made some profit today which is a change for me so don't want to give it all back. :D

Well Done! - I also made a wee profit today so quit early!

the less I trade the more I make
(or the less I lose)
Can't figure out which one is more apt at the moment.

Last edited:
^You will not believe this but i once went into a pub and asked for a Guinness shandy only to be told it was banned lol.very difficult to pour apparantly.i got it in the end but what a bull**** excuse

If it is not banned - it should be!

what a busy day on DAX and DOW
Dax retesting the upper wedge formation, very normal even expected

Attachments

• 2014-12-11_212926.png Dax 04.png
    2014-12-11_212926.png Dax 04.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 2014-12-11_195242.png Dax H1 02.png
    2014-12-11_195242.png Dax H1 02.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 110
Well Done! - I also made a wee profit today so quit early!

the less I trade the more I make
(or the less I lose)
Can't figure out which one is more apt at the moment.

Yes at last, me too! Started to try and figure out the entries and not rush it and taking a little at a time instead of going for the big gain. Took about 15 trades to get there though and not 'diving in' Will watch with interest tomorrow.

One thing I've learnt from the experienced guys on this forum is to not 'second guess' when the turn might be and to trade with the direction. It helped today!

All the best

So I'm short dow 17,700 now.

And Short s&P (I dont noraly do this buy its too good to miss) 2048

FML !

I placed my trades and walked away knew I couldnt stand the ups and downs and would close too early.

S&P went mad and I lost 85 points :eek: (Currently 2025 +230)

Dow didnt go so mad and I just closed for +180 :clap:

Total on the day +95.
Could have been a lot worse could have been a lot better, but you can live on that kind of profit.

Yes at last, me too! Started to try and figure out the entries and not rush it and taking a little at a time instead of going for the big gain. Took about 15 trades to get there though and not 'diving in' Will watch with interest tomorrow.

One thing I've learnt from the experienced guys on this forum is to not 'second guess' when the turn might be and to trade with the direction. It helped today!

All the best

Fully agree - I try to get into the trade "too" early.

I think I will go on demo for a while to work more on my strategy, also trying to limit myself to 5 trades per day so I can analyse the trades at night.
It is amazing how many times I then say to myself "why on earth did I take THAT entry?" :rolleyes:

FML !

I placed my trades and walked away knew I couldnt stand the ups and downs and would close too early.

Total on the day +95.
Could have been a lot worse could have been a lot better, but you can live on that kind of profit.

Hey mate - send some of those points my way to make up for my c*ck up yesterday

FML !

Total on the day +95.

Great Trading. Well done! (y)

Morning.
Strap your seatbelts on were coming in to land. :LOL:

Attachments

• hindenburg-wide.jpg
    hindenburg-wide.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 91