Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Post 328

Sorry Morning Postman and All
World Cup countdown.

Morning WBT and all, hope you enjoyed my rise and shine call "One way ticket" :LOL:.

new_trader sounds like a clever guy (y), shame he's such a condescending prick to go with it. :(

Ftse seems to have caught the Dow disease, move up stop move up stop.
Dow isnt going anywhere while its playmate Daxy is on holiday.
Nothing to see here until 1.30, going to make the most of a sunny morning. Funny how it always rains at weekends. :p

Morning WBT and all, hope you enjoyed my rise and shine call "One way ticket" :LOL:.

new_trader sounds like a clever guy (y), shame he's such a condescending prick to go with it. :(

Always like reading the thread.
Hope he sued the charm school.
Always thought song was Boney M
This is my one way ticket.
Not much movement at the mo, just that slow grind higher.

Morning ,

IMO it will never drop until nearly everyone becomes bullish , and it seems we're headed that way , more bullish calls = acceleration phase .

Ftse seems to have caught the Dow disease, move up stop move up stop.
Dow isnt going anywhere while its playmate Daxy is on holiday.
Nothing to see here until 1.30, going to make the most of a sunny morning. Funny how it always rains at weekends. :p

mornin'

well ftse got a lot of catching up to do, it should be standing around 7000+ if it had kept pace with dow over the last few weeks.

i'm long/short now.

Bubble Phases

Applicable to any bubble , in different scales ofcourse , we're in mania phase right now IMO , good or bad news doesn't matter ! , no real decent pullbacks in this phase = chasing .

Attachments

• Bubble_Phases.jpg
    Bubble_Phases.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 108
Applicable to any bubble , in different scales ofcourse , we're in mania phase right now IMO , good or bad news doesn't matter ! , no real decent pullbacks in this phase = chasing .

yes I would agree subject to no geopolitical events we are in the early stages of mania, we are nowhere near bubble territory yet. The reason being there is still a tonne of people out there willing to short, you can see this from the short interest in some of the US ETFs. Until every man and his dog are long we are going higher and probably sharply higher imo.

Instead of bringing up the cliché of bubbles, how about acknowledging the obvious currency weakness.
The stockmarket could be the most accurate thing right now as it often can be when prices become unstable.
For a bubble we need to see values rise unsustainably. If Microsoft or Intel can issue their debt at 1% then buy back their shares, their share price could be quite justified. Its more questionable how they can borrow long term at such low rates and is that good value for them

Well i wouldn't call a 100K Dow in toilet paper dollars - hyperinflation scenario - strong or bullish !
100K could be as equal as 16800 , and in such case i didn't make a penny if i went long - but ofcourse hedged against inflation - , and a 100K Dow could be as equal as 6K in today's prices , which would be a huge loss for me ... so the number itself isn't important , what matters for me is the real value .

Last edited:
Well i wouldn't call a 100K Dow in toilet paper dollars

The funny thing with spreadbetting is I dont have to care if value drops. I make a bet on DOW and its in sterling, my index bet is also a currency bet in a way

Same with shares, normally I dont want strong sterling but usa shares Im fine via spreadbet if dollar goes down so be it

If people say bubbles they are judging fundamentals, Im just not sure stocks can be labelled that

Last edited:
Last edited:
Watch out guys Oscar has everything going up today.
I'm totally confused, markets cant go down but Oscar says their going up!
Maybe they close no change until Oscar changes his mind.

Trading Dax:

TP2 @..... : 10140
TP1 @..... : 10047
long @... : 9990
SL @ ...... : 9960

Happy trading.

Last edited:
Once again its not going down so I'm long FTSE 6871.5
Stop 6867 (thats how ridiculous these markets are)
Limit, why bother setting one, just keep holding.

Once again its not going down so I'm long FTSE 6871.5
Stop 6867 (thats how ridiculous these markets are)
Limit, why bother setting one, just keep holding.

I think they did that just to annoy me.
FTSE will be shooting up now. :rolleyes:

Still no worries I've just doubled my stake and bought in again at a lower price. Cant lose. :LOL: