Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

So everyone who trades the S&P is expecting good news and everyone who trades the Dow is expecting bad news.... No manipulation here at all !

Come on S&P you can do it... :LOL:

Get ready for the sell off when it gets there. :clap:

Oh well I did my best to talk it up.
Looks like the S&P has given up on 1848.
Surprised that Dax closed near unchanged today.

Scalping indices

I have been paper trading the FTSE Futures for over a year now, with occasional trades live. I would like to find other FTSE Futures Traders and compare notes.

Hi Martin
I trade Dax - I know not FTSE futures, I know - but there are real similarities between our respective trading although you describe your trading style much more eloquently than I do mine. I describe my trading pattern as watching for any change in direction of short term price - 3-5 mins - whilst taking note of the developing trend across 3min to 1 day timescales. Now, no-one can knock you for the profits you make - but you work soooo hard for your money. You are asking for feedback on different ways of reducing trades volume. I would repeat here advice from professional traders - cut your losses and run your profits. You say your average gain is £35. I dont think you are running profits. My guess is that you are so glad to see blue you rush to take the money and well done you.
I agree with Mornington - you must be drained at the end of each day. My advice, If I dare offer any to someone who has so much going for them, would be to gradually move away from one minute charts towards three and keep a second screen with 10/15 minutes chart. Secondly, backtest all your trades and see what proportion of them went on to much bigger gains - money you could have had - and my guess is that 25% would have earned you over £100 each. Only needs a mathematical calc to develop this strategy. For example, moving your sl in price direction instead of closing all these winning trades could lock in maybe 65% of your current earnings and the rest will increase your earnings eventually with fewer trades. Any help?