Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

There are quite a few organisations that can impose penalties in lieu of court proceedings. HMRC being the prime example, if you've ever been caught fiddling your Vat or Income Tax or trying to smuggle in a few bottles of hooch :)

Yeah, I understand that, but unless the court finds you guilty, then you don't need to pay the fine.

FSA are just like private car park owners, they can slap a fine on your window for parking without paying or having an expired ticket, but they can't force you to pay the fine, and they sure as hell can't jail you.

Go to court I say and fight....at the end of the day...what did he do wrong!

He took a pecuniary advantage

If I found a loophole on a SB firm, I would exploit it all day long, and if the FSA came to my door and said your fined £1 million, I would politely tell them to F-Off and take me to court as its not my fault the provider is incompetent with the service they provide.

You might want to read this first...
http://regulatorylaw.co.uk/The_power_of_the_FSA_to_prosecute.html

1. The Court of Appeal has held that the FSA are able to bring private prosecutions under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA).

There are quite a few organisations that can impose penalties in lieu of court proceedings. HMRC being the prime example, if you've ever been caught fiddling your Vat or Income Tax or trying to smuggle in a few bottles of hooch :)

This is a case I remember reading about, and why you should not bend over and take crap of the likes of the FSA and HRMC!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-20414804

Yeah, I understand that, but unless the court finds you guilty, then you don't need to pay the fine.

I suppose that's true enough, but if you don't pay the penalty you'll be wheeled into court, face the costs of defending yourself and open yourself up to maybe collecting a greater fine. Might as well take the stop-loss :LOL:

This guy seems very clever, he must have exploit all the options ....

If we get a parking ticket we explot all options... this is about a million fine... He would have done all possible thing he could....

I will stop moaning now, its just organistations like HRMC and FSA ect boil my blood at times when they do things like this and let the more serious offenders get away with things or do very little.

Oscar got it wrong on his first try out of 2014 as he admits on todays video.
He's also saying its a down day for Dow so he's going for 2 out of 2 ... Yey! :LOL: