Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

its the currency gbpusd thats causing weakness in FTSE, they expecting rate hikes

The FTSE is a lags the other major indicies due to its constituents. If you want to mirror the other majors trade the 250.

Prepare to short the FTSE, triple witching almost done.

Done +15...

Last edited:
The FTSE is a lags the other major indicies due to its constituents. If you want to mirror the other majors trade the 250.

Prepare to short the FTSE, triple witching almost done.

Done +15...

I have not seen 250 in SB? do they have 250?

Yes the FTSE 250 is mid cap companies with bias on UK markets, rather than large conglomerates with international bias.

IG offer contracts on 250, the market has performed well.

Just found in IG, but chart looks scary.. loads of gap up/ gap down :rolleyes:

this is thirsty work
today"s tipple is from the Brooklyn brewery
nice stuff

28a6wzc.jpg

overnight finspreads paid out a trader who uses them at 6650 so the spike was genuine it should retrace

mmmm.looking purely at the ftse cash session charts...we have an interesting angle drawn from the 16th low to the high today... as I say only cash chart..havent checked futures..but then again I never do

Triple witching hour
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Triple witching hour is the last hour of the stock market trading session (3:00-4:00 P.M., New York Time) on the third Friday of every March, June, September, and December. Those days are the expiration of three kinds of securities:

Stock market index futures;
Stock market index options;
Stock options.

The simultaneous expirations generally increases the trading volume of options, futures and the underlying stocks, and occasionally increases volatility of prices of related securities.

On those same days in March, June, September, and December, Single-stock futures also expire, so that the final hour on those days is sometimes referred to as the quadruple witching hour.[1]