FTSE king in July.

ASX buy on Monday.

Looking for 4,835/45, current 4,819

Shorts in play above 4,865 - Monday only

Expect pull back in futures open, before cash open 2 hour's later

Patience is key.

hi bustech just saw this.

Goldman Issues Top Trade #9: Go Long U.K. Equities

We are recommending going long UK equities via the FTSE 100 Dec 13 Future for a target of 7100 (approximately +12%) and a stop on a close below 5950 (approximately 6% below the current level). We noted the strong arguments in favour of UK equities for the second half of the year in our recent Global Economics Weekly, and we now follow up with a trade recommendation. Three primary reasons drive this recommendation.

First, the UK economy looks to be on an upswing. The manufacturing PMI surveys have now improved for four successive months, while the services PMI survey has improved for six consecutive months and has reached its highest level since March 2011. Mortgage approvals have also risen in recent months as effective interest rates have fallen, and the latest quarterly credit survey for Q2 indicates a further easing in household and corporate credit availability, as well as an increase in demand for lending.

Goldman Issues Top Trade #9: Go Long U.K. Equities | AdvisorAnalyst Views

moves to watch for next week
tlt..the long bond etf
in the 50% retrace zone of the last downtrend/green and aqua area
it needs to take out 111
the fed does not want longer term yields goin up...that chart needs to retrace,then stocks can rally more
2kldg5.gif

hi bustech just saw this.

Goldman Issues Top Trade #9: Go Long U.K. Equities

We are recommending going long UK equities via the FTSE 100 Dec 13 Future for a target of 7100 (approximately +12%) and a stop on a close below 5950 (approximately 6% below the current level). We noted the strong arguments in favour of UK equities for the second half of the year in our recent Global Economics Weekly, and we now follow up with a trade recommendation. Three primary reasons drive this recommendation.

First, the UK economy looks to be on an upswing. The manufacturing PMI surveys have now improved for four successive months, while the services PMI survey has improved for six consecutive months and has reached its highest level since March 2011. Mortgage approvals have also risen in recent months as effective interest rates have fallen, and the latest quarterly credit survey for Q2 indicates a further easing in household and corporate credit availability, as well as an increase in demand for lending.

Goldman Issues Top Trade #9: Go Long U.K. Equities | AdvisorAnalyst Views

Thanks SD

Now we know the reasons for the big moves last week.
Long again next week.

beginning to get interested in this market again.
Have been enjoying some down time watching this rally..
4 hour SPX:
blue lines are the Mod Schiff
grey lines mark the overshoot to the downside...copied to the up side too.
black lines mark where the sellers were before
light blue box was the wash(of the previous two highs)
So hoping price will pull back to the green circle for shorts.Patience is all!
Stops above the wash.
2hi0c9t.jpg

wednesday
fed minutes and Bernanke speaking
According to Krugman.the fed have got the wrong message across and long term yields have gone up,which is not what the fed wanted.so.possibly on Wednesday that message might get changed about tapering.we could rally from that
just a thought
Wern..i will watch that res area
good spotting...
the range has tightened which interests me more...cos we could get a decent pop either way
1z1a7f4.gif

Last edited:
Morning All

Strong start in the morning.
Then China came on line and started weighing on the region and US, UK and Euro futures.
Keep an eye on HK into close 50/50 on bigger move lower or short covering into close.

ASX and DOW no div's all week and FTSE only 0.1
Alcoa kick's off US reporting after the bell.
One for Zorbas , Asian analyst looking for Japan @ 15,000 this week, current 14,140

Morning guys, anyone's guess what happens this morning, asia down but US closed a lot higher than we went home friday, watch and wait i think

.....barjon will be happy.....

ftse opened over -40 weak vs dow which almost got me up on the beach overall. Closed most of it, but left a residue running at more normal levels. Off for a couple of days golf if we don't melt in the heat. Trade well guys.

Short @ 6448.
Who the heck are Goldman - never heard of them. :p

Given the Germans are on a route march to 8000 I've closed my ftse position @ 6442 - I will sell it again later when things calm down in europe. :rolleyes:

morning everyone

remember goldman had that massive long sp500sept buy 90mins within the low on 24 june 1563.4 ish

Last edited:
Given the Germans are on a route march to 8000 I've closed my ftse position @ 6442 - I will sell it again later when things calm down in europe. :rolleyes:

Short FTSE at 6456 - there's not much selling going on but there a gap below to fill. ;)