Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

dentist with US closed ftse usually struggles to put in a 40pt range 200pts range is off the chart. think someone leaked draghi's comments

Think it was more Carneys comments that have given the FTSE a boost, and as he is EX goldman they were defo leaked, goldies buying FTSE on the open for sure

Think it was more Carneys comments that have given the FTSE a boost, and as he is EX goldman they were defo leaked, goldies buying FTSE on the open for sure

carney - ex goldman
draghi - ex goldman

Talbs how come gbpusd is very strong yet the miners and banks are flying? it does not add up

FTSE bears no relationship with Dow. its saying dow should be +480pts

dow may go up 480pts which would be something. FTSE (nostradamus) but this prediction seems off the charts

carney - ex goldman
draghi - ex goldman

Talbs how come gbpusd is very strong yet the miners and banks are flying? it does not add up

FTSE bears no relationship with Dow. its saying dow should be +480pts

dow may go up 480pts which would be something. FTSE (nostradamus) but this prediction seems off the charts

I think GBP has a long way to fall, so stock markets (FTSE)pricing in the action, i think people are reluctant to buy USD before NFP but eventually cable gets whacked. Also draghi being dovish gave it another kick !

Ftse also fell alot further than the dow so its making up some ground, but i do feel the Dow will have to play catch up a bit tomorrow and spread will come in.

So Miners and Banks flying on more QE and a weaker GBP, but nobody wants the USD just yet ! Thats my view:)

I think GBP has a long way to fall, so stock markets (FTSE)pricing in the action, i think people are reluctant to buy USD before NFP but eventually cable gets whacked. Also draghi being dovish gave it another kick !

Ftse also fell alot further than the dow so its making up some ground, but i do feel the Dow will have to play catch up a bit tomorrow and spread will come in.

So Miners and Banks flying on more QE and a weaker GBP, but nobody wants the USD just yet ! Thats my view:)

thanks Talbs

thanks, SD - opened up and promptly gone short/long. was gonna wait til towards close but this looks ripe.

Blimey - talk about 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, I'm miles underwater.

ftse traded +123 strong vs dow proxy today which is the biggest one day difference I've seen in over 4 yearsworth of records. Can't believe it won't have a big relative weakness correction from here so I've taken some more before the close and playing with my maximum now.

Bit difficult to know how to play it - on the one hand I can't see dow opening up about +120 and putting on another 200 to 300 in quick order and it may well be that ftse goes even stronger if current ftse levels hold and dow futures aren't keen to point to a big opening. On the other hand, a combination of reining in ftse over exuberance and some dow catch up should turn the trick. Tomorrow will be very interesting.

In poker terms, I'm all in - :help:

ftse traded +123 strong vs dow proxy today which is the biggest one day difference I've seen in over 4 yearsworth of records. Can't believe it won't have a big relative weakness correction from here so I've taken some more before the close and playing with my maximum now.

Bit difficult to know how to play it - on the one hand I can't see dow opening up about +120 and putting on another 200 to 300 in quick order and it may well be that ftse goes even stronger if current ftse levels hold and dow futures aren't keen to point to a big opening. On the other hand, a combination of reining in ftse over exuberance and some dow catch up should turn the trick. Tomorrow will be very interesting.

A great advert for all those new to trading :LOL:

A great advert for all those new to trading :LOL:

Yes - an 'unusual' day today.
I use stops and so am nursing a loss - double what I would normally take as I went short twice.
Talbs posted he sold the dow 'in size' and he doesn't use stops, so not a great result from 3 of us.
Did anyone see that dark coloured swan coming and ride it?

Barjon FTSE implied dow being +484pts did u long dow and short ftse?

ftse 100 cash
shows the trend that started on 25 june
30 min data
no reason to go short
watch that trend for any breakdown
2jbtifd.gif