Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

both dow and dax at your critical areas 13220 and 7640....looks will be broken on the no cliff deal news

tomorrow will be interesting

PS: assuming in your post you meant down 13k level not 11k levels :)

You were right about that! Glad I don't trade overnight---

Actually, I was short FT yesterday afternoon, but lost 7 points and closed from boredom.

You were right about that! Glad I don't trade overnight---

Actually, I was short FT yesterday afternoon, but lost 7 points and closed from boredom.

I was short S&P @ 1440 from Wednesday, but my SL got hit @ B/E yesterday... oh well, unlucky. My last trade this year, I think.

so..last night we rallied to 13317 res as we said beforehand
then the tank to 7640/dax and dow 13160 as we said were the real big areas
we did have 13220 but as we said last night that 13160 was the bigger one
fiscal cliff will get sorted....the real big deal comes in feb 2013..undergroundtrader has written about that.i will try and post it at some point
so...today ..probably a consolidation

The bigger issue is the debt ceiling deadline in February 2013. The Bush and payroll tax cut repeals is what will hurt most people in addition to the crap with the AMT. There doesn’t seem to be much attention to the sequestration. Personally, they will like push the deadline down the road to avoid the immediate pain from tax hikes. Everything else will be … pushed down the road too… for this reason the market has been taking the so-called fiscal cliff in stride. We aren’t seeing the 20-30 handle spoos (futures) gaps down like we did in July of 2011. On the other hand, this could be seen a complacency and that’s where markets can get blindsided. For better or worse, I think seasonality is the overriding factor for the lighter volume and lack of extreme volatility.

from undergroundtrader

absolutely love this stuff we are heading higher thats a given and upper targets still in play but first we need to take care of the 13070

I love the markets:LOL:

as for the FTSE a 5904 would be on the money for the bounce and leave the 5862 for the new year

I think a lot of big trades are contracts being rolled from dec 2012 to mar 2013

Nobody rolls that amount when the market is that thin. There was no corresponding news item out of the Asian session.....

That was a stop being hit or a fat finger. Market will now go down for some time IMO.

e2a - If anybody can locate chinabean, he may know as he trades the asian session.

Last edited:
Im shifting positions to risk off, think we might start seeing a decline, at least that is what I'm getting from currencies.

Hey Gents - Been a while since I have been on here. I was moved at work which meant more people can see my screen - ugh! So I have been living off of the Market Replay feature on Ninja Trader.

Just a quick question - can anyone recommend a good broker in the UK? Also, perhaps a good spread betting org as well.

Cheers!