Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hi Samirs,

I know you've asked where I am on the trade front. I hope this reply finds you well but its always a little hard to respond when posts keep getting deleted, however I noticed you left 'that one' in particular up so I have complimented you on it.

Anyway, I don't post all my trades on here as you can imagine it would take up unnecessary time and ultimately what purpose would it give me. When I post I like to do screen shots as it removes any doubt as to what I have achieved (loss or profit).

I closed out the short Dax trades early to take a very small profit on 19th November 2012. Around this time I started to build in positions as at that time and in my own opinion I didn't like where the markets were going and could see more upside at that time than down. The Dax didn't like to push below the 7k area as was witnessed by us all and commented on by a few. The trades went well initially and produced a good profit but most of this was thrown back and therefore I came out with a mere few hundred quid.

I have built up positions by averaging and pushing trades on Ftse 100 as it has gone up. I reserve the right to chop these out soon and before end of year. Expiry on all bar one of the contracts is 21st December - they will not be rolled over.

All the best and have a great Christmas.

Lee Shepherd

Attachments

• T2W 12-12-12.JPG
    T2W 12-12-12.JPG
    313.7 KB · Views: 150
yeah you probably right, sd. The extreme strength of a few weeks ago maybe reflected US pessimism about it and the recent extreme weakness their renewed optimism for a "successful" outcome.

Mind you it still shows the correlation over that longer period, even if it has buggered up the day trading side of it.

Been tracking FTSE/Dow ratio got this chart.

Attachments

• dowftse ratio.png
    dowftse ratio.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 139
Been tracking FTSE/Dow ratio got this chart.

Hi SD and All,

Very interesting chart, is it available on a site or you've created it ?

I posted not long ago about the weakness of the DOW vs. the EU indices and a possible strategy of shorting EU indices and going long Dow.

Of course long everything would've worked better :)

where you get that, sd?

Hi SD and All,

Very interesting chart, is it available on a site or you've created it ?

When FTSE closes I take a reading of the 50ma on 1min chart from dow/ftse/sp500 and put this in a spread sheet.

and the chart is created from that. I think IG has a differential chart for DOW/FTSE also, anyone want this, can I post an excel sheet on here same as a image?

When FTSE closes I take a reading of the 50ma on 1min chart from dow/ftse/sp500 and put this in a spread sheet.

and the chart is created from that. I think IG has a differential chart for DOW/FTSE also, anyone want this, can I post an excel sheet on here same as a image?

I obtained from yahoo the following chart comparison for 3 month period :

^FTSE Basic Chart | FTSE 100 Stock - Yahoo! Finance

thx, sd

Any clues on the FOMC later today ?
Will it rally on continuous QE3 or sell the news ?

I think the markets already have it factored in, hence the bullish sentiment. US are gonna come up with a solution, imo the fiscal cliff will have very little negative effect as it will be sorted out before long...the news anchors just need something to write about

well was relaxed but then got bored so starting to load up short 13291 area will be looking for 13070 area on this one in the short term 3 to 4 days

and I know before you say it what about santa? well he can have a few days next week

good call so far- dow now @13266 welldone dc2000

the "other place" post update at 10:30am

all will be revealed in 36mins
come on sd the other place is wrong every day i can provide you with last 4 weeks proof to prove that. pls don,t even look at there because it affects you sub- cons mind. unknowingly thus affects the trading.

Last edited: