Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

another short on DAX, just before weekend

Attachments

• dax2.jpg
    dax2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 163
Pleased to be back......
Have been logged in most of the time and whilst not posting on Pain of Death and a 4th Divorce, am hopefully up to speed........

Nancy was otherwise engaged with some American Gentleman but Tuk was a courteous as ever, and says hello to all at Trade2win (seriously)

My Titty Tequila count is up likewise.......:p

Right lets get them Shorts working...............(y)

From S&P Capital IQ's Sam Stovall: "An S&P 500 price rise from July 31 through October 31 traditionally has predicted the reelection of the incumbent person or party, while a price decline during this period has pointed to a replacement. Since 1948, this election-prognostication technique did an excellent job, in our view, recording an 88% accuracy rate in predicting the re-election of the party in power (it failed in 1968). What's more, it recorded an 86% accuracy rate of identifying when the party in power would be replaced (it failed in 1956)."
Source: Stovall's Sector Watch

Read more: 7 Fascinating Facts About How US Presidents Affect The Stock Markets - Business Insider

Is DAX better to scalp than than the FTSE?

Each to their own. Personally, I found FTSE scalping really hard. My tighter stops (say up to 5 points) were taken out quickly. Wider stops meant higher target profits as well and FTSE did not seem to hit my TPs, but reversed very often just 1-2 points short.

DAX is more volatile. Most of my scalps are with SL and TP of 10 points (less would be rather useless with my small stakes) and it seems to be easier to hit 10 points on DAX. It also seems to trend better. E.g. if I see a red candle on a specific timescale, there is higher chance for a repeat than on FTSE. Also, RSI can get to extremes on DAX which makes it easier to go the opposite way. I am no sage, though, this is just my opinion and I trade with a small account.

Each to their own. Personally, I found FTSE scalping really hard. My tighter stops (say up to 5 points) were taken out quickly. Wider stops meant higher target profits as well and FTSE did not seem to hit my TPs, but reversed very often just 1-2 points short.

DAX is more volatile. Most of my scalps are with SL and TP of 10 points (less would be rather useless with my small stakes) and it seems to be easier to hit 10 points on DAX. It also seems to trend better. E.g. if I see a red candle on a specific timescale, there is higher chance for a repeat than on FTSE. Also, RSI can get to extremes on DAX which makes it easier to go the opposite way. I am no sage, though, this is just my opinion and I trade with a small account.

S&p not so volatile also less margin

I used to Scalp the FTSE a few years ago with capital spreads (after a few weeks they made it near impossible). It was so easy to make 20 points, was usually finished by 8.15. Now sometimes it doesn't even move 20 points all day. I still use a spread betting firm but it still mirrors the futures quite close

Re: Jungerns: I cant reply to your message until my posts get to 15.
I'm using Dealbook 360 but if I'm out in the morning I use IG Index on Ipad, you can use 2 charts on it and it doesn't lag like Dealbbok for Ipad

Don Coxe has more than 40 years of institutional investment experience in Canada and the US. He is Strategy Advisor to BMO Financial Group. His investment journal, Basic Points, published since 1992, and his conference calls are distributed exclusively for their clients in North America, Europe and Asia.

Mr. Coxe has consistently been named as a top portfolio strategist by Brendan Wood International; in 2011, he was awarded a lifetime achievement award and he was ranked number one in the 2007, 2008 and 2009 surveys. Mr. Coxe maintains a highly visible presence in the business community as an advisor to Boards, and speaker for business conferences and industry events.

audio interview(mainly gold, gold miners and bond markets)

Donald Coxe

Last edited:
Morning All
BHP +1.42%
RIO +2.61%
Asian markets slightly down.
ASX and AUD up on better economic data.
DOW underperfomed the FTSE after the FTSE close.
Have FTSE value of 5813 to DOW, current 5846