Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

SD

Do you think the market has already priced in some kind of QE or Operation Twist from the Fed.

i think its a process, but looking at which sectors are moving it seems likely it has priced in some qe, but each time they use some action it gets smaller effect in the market, there are good charts showing that qe effect is wearing off,

SP500 high yesterday ( 1363 ) is exactly the 61.8 retracement of 3 month move.

which equals 5621 ftse

in in february 1998 the ftse was ..............

5600 !

not many things can be bought at 1998 prices?

i think its a process, but looking at which sectors are moving it seems likely it has priced in some qe, but each time they use some action it gets smaller effect in the market, there are good charts showing that qe effect is wearing off,

Thanks.

FTSE components keep changing so may be with same component shares FTSE is at 3000 today.....stock markets create illusion of market direction with index management

U know the bernanke and fed are meeting today might be some announcement people front running it maybe

I Know.
Cant wait to see the markets and U$D in the morning.
Noticed that gold is down in UK/Europe, is that telling us something.

FTSE/Dow/SP500 all technically strong

FTSE buy pivot, 5520, we are 70pts above that level which indicates extreme strength in the trend

Check out SP500 , it is implying FTSE +6 5592

there is an ETF us listed. IYM it has broken back into a down trend channel this is bullish imho

yesterdays opening gaps on ftse/dow made me second guess but market is strong, lets see
what the us session will do to FTSE

i posted the above at 7.36am