Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Attachments

• FTSE 100.png
    FTSE 100.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 121
Missed the 9/30 set up twice to go long .... bit new to the set up but its good to see it work, next time.

Nice one. What does 9/30 mean? What do you think of where it is now? Pullback for reversal, or a push through 5600? Be careful to watch it, it could be good one, either way. I'm using a 15 min chart today, same 4 and 12 avs.

The Coppock Indicator | Interactive Investor

Edwin Coppock is not a name that trips off many investors' tongues, but he devised one of the most accurate ways of determining if a new bull market trend has begun.

coppock indicator works on long time frames can it be shortened to work on 15min/hourly chart?

Wow, that's quite an interesting indicator. A quantitative view of qualitative factors.

The Coppock Indicator | Interactive Investor

Edwin Coppock is not a name that trips off many investors' tongues, but he devised one of the most accurate ways of determining if a new bull market trend has begun.

coppock indicator works on long time frames can it be shortened to work on 15min/hourly chart?

Not according to Brian Marber in "Marber on Markets" ....it is of no value to the in and out trader it is a long term buying guide. It will give a good signal in the index for long term action.... "Since 1919 in the S&P 500 index it has given only one bad signal in 2002"

It would, no longer, be a "Coppock" indicator. It takes ages to complete and, IMO, is for investors, not daily traders.

(Reuters) -" The Bank of England is close to launching a new round of monetary stimulus because of the worsening euro zone crisis, according minutes of its last policy meeting, which showed officials split 5-4 on the move, with Governor Mervyn King in favour.

The minutes show far stronger explicit support for more asset-buying quantitative easing than many economists had expected, and is the first 5-4 split on the MPC since June 2007. King was last in a minority in August 2009, when he also supported more QE than the majority."

Buy gold?

Better part of valour, here. I've closed for +17 points, leaving an order still on in case it goes higher. It was intended to be an add on but these contraction areas can last for ages and Herefords pessimism might be justified!

can it be minituerized to work on 15min chart?

I must confess that I had to thnk hard to remember Coppock. I got him out of the Investors Chronicle and that is when there were no computers, let alone online trading! So, I'm afraid you'll have to do some digging! I believe that computers, along with broadsheets, etc. have done away with a lot of these ideas, which had to be done with good,old, pen and paper. I am sure that "Coppock" is consered to be old-fashioned stuff, these days.

Been looking at Tape Reading Trading,
Would it be possible to tape read a chart??
Might just be stupid question.