Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

a thought has occured to me, lets say the ftse100 and sp500/dow are interchangeable if someone wants to cover a short, they can find the one which is lower on relative basis and cover there. this might explain the ftse100 unerring ability to predict dow up swings when it opens,

a thought has occured to me, lets say the ftse100 and sp500/dow are interchangeable if someone wants to cover a short, they can find the one which is lower on relative basis and cover there. this might explain the ftse100 unerring ability to predict dow up swings when it opens,

basically what my pairs stuff is all about.

ftse doesn't predict anything. nowadays dow futures traded pretty much around the clock in some form or another, that influences ftse and ,of course, dow when it opens

basically what my pairs stuff is all about.

ftse doesn't predict anything. nowadays dow futures traded pretty much around the clock in some form or another, that influences ftse and ,of course, dow when it opens

indices are essentially fungible

Barjon yesterday about 2 hours into trading ftse was implying dow would be +144 , which seemed crazy, but dow went up 165. I sense that those seeking deep liquidity i finding it in FTSE100

My point is that there is only u and me here,

I am reading you and trading, too. Essentially short. 3 trades, one open. I'm 22 points up with the present one short and flat (not short and fat :cheesy:) The system I am using is the same as yesterday.

This latest one I decided to close for 5 points. I had been up 14 but it is lunchtime and spikey time and, for me, travelling time between two places. An uncertain period for me. I've made 27 points, so I'll wait for this afternoon. I hope you guys are doing ok.

great Splitlink, i got 28.3pts on about 1/3rd size had many orders above 5500 and two got filled

i sold at 5507.3 missed the high by 0.34pts. the wonders of averaging up, the average on both orders was 5503.8

Didn't get here in time to get in and did not want to chase. Today was not a good day for me to get out before lunch.:( Ther might be a chance for me, yet, though.