Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

you welcome....you still using your pivot indicator?

yes, the pivot is the way to go, I posted a video on this thread which shows a top trader explaining the mechanics

Todays buy trigger was 5730
todays sell trigger was 5720

worked a treat

yes, the pivot is the way to go, I posted a video on this thread which shows a top trader explaining the mechanics

Todays buy trigger was 5730
todays sell trigger was 5720

worked a treat

thanks sd, funny but i have another bv area right at 730 ....save me a search how long ago did you post the video?

thanks sd, funny but i have another bv area right at 730 ....save me a search how long ago did you post the video?

today was weird, I work of the dow close also, ftse at 5730 implied a dow being down 80pts, I am bullish on dow and do not believe it would be down 80 but up 20-40pts, so I bought ftse all the way down to 5709.

I placed many orders at 2pt intervals

Legendary floor trader William Greenspan - Day Trading Made Simple - YouTube

Floor trader William Greenspan explains how he day trades and shares with you the system he uses everyday. This same system has allowed Mr. Greenspan to achieve 155 consecutive winning months. In this fascinating DVD you will learn what it takes to day trade on the floor of a major exchange. You will also learn how to interpret major fundamental reports and much more. This is one of the most interesting looks into the mind of a succesful trader.

today was weird, I work of the dow close also, ftse at 5730 implied a dow being down 80pts, I am bullish on dow and do not believe it would be down 80 but up 20-40pts, so I bought ftse all the way down to 5709.

I placed many orders at 2pt intervals

well you sure got a lot more buying power than me sd...i'm bullish but would like to see a break and test of 760

Last edited:
i've been watcing the euro lately it seems to moves similar to the ftse...at the mo it's stuck at 3232 just like the ftse at 760 ...

"buying power" I am just a small fish feeding on plankton and the odd worm on a fishing hook !

The dow is about 80 pts away from making 5 year highs, this is US election year and Obama or what ever name he is using is going to juice the economy big time. People focus on unemployment numbers but these are a lagging indicator during an expansion. The one worry is the extreme contango in the VIX curve this usually is followed by sell-offs

i've been watcing the euro lately it seems to moves similar to the ftse...at the mo it's stuck at 3232 just like the ftse at 760 ...

you can graph the euro/ftse? I tried to graph fxe/ewu not much correlation. GBP-USD/FTSE might be better

Someone pointed me towards a Bund chart, looks very easy to trade, also very deep and liquid .

check the time of daily high/low for gbp-usd and u see it matches almost exactly the ftse made current high/low

you can graph the euro/ftse? I tried to graph fxe/ewu not much correlation. GBP-USD/FTSE might be better

Someone pointed me towards a Bund chart, looks very easy to trade, also very deep and liquid .

yes i'll take a look at them thanks. i don't have much experience with forex but i have noticed albeit over a short time that the euro price does do similar things to ftse ...not correlation.. just price movement...like today breaking out of 3232/760

yes i'll take a look at them thanks. i don't have much experience with forex but i have noticed albeit over a short time that the euro price does do similar things to ftse ...not correlation.. just price movement...like today breaking out of 3232/760

I checked out Forex, the spreads are too much, you would need to do direct access to make it worth while, else your broker is the only one who is going to profit over long term.

Have a good weekend

Last edited:
I checked out Forex, the spreads are too much, you would need to do direct access to make it worth while, else your broker is the only one who is going to profit over long term.

Have a good weekend

thanks, i'll take a look at the videos this week end..cheers

CS saying commodites will rally 20% 2nd half of the year, that would support the FTSE !!

well i hope they are right mat. i would have thought the double dip recession would have put the markets down! i'm clueless without the charts:confused:

still fancy 6000+