Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

777 cash looks like good support...took a long from here this morning.. small profit.....can the s&p do more upside? it looks a bit toppy but there seems to be no stopping it:)

FTSE/Dow ratio has pretty much ratcheted down for the last three weeks without a significant correction. Purely empirically, I'd say a correction is due, although there's no telling when it will come. I like Mat Belton's analysis (ie miner/oil selloff affecting FTSE).

FTSE/Dow ratio has pretty much ratcheted down for the last three weeks without a significant correction. Purely empirically, I'd say a correction is due, although there's no telling when it will come. I like Mat Belton's analysis (ie miner/oil selloff affecting FTSE).

Hi DL, The FTSE / S&P spread has began to work today (finally!) BP feel better bid after their recent fall, miners rallying as well...also Bullard seems to be anti QE3

yes well the ftse has already tanked so if s&p tanks now we follow and get a double tanking.....so it makes for a further rise in s&p while ftse catches up then bang! .... or.....a gentle decline on s&p so ftse dosen't panic then bang! ...ha all very logical stuff or complete nonsense take your pick :)

maybe this aint so daft after all:)

Very aggressive correction today on FTSE/Dow (since midnight +1.5% at one point). Downsides to this trade: (i) it can be very slow moving and demoralising if you're fading it, and (ii) it's by no means easy to tell when one basket of global equities will strengthen/weaken against the other (if news is "bullish for equities" is it more bullish for Dow or FTSE?) However, as Mat showed, sector analysis may help.

Yes it's a room full of people trading, the arcade owners charge a seat leese plus other coms..etc..
I used to be in one a few years ago, but cost's were getting silly, so when I found ProSpreads which offered me basically the same platform and functionality as I was getting, I left.

PP... I have had issues with my prospreads platform recently. Basically I sometimes have to click 2-3 times before an order is placed on the ladder / quick trade..

last week I clicked several times and nothing happened.. then 15 secs later I suddenly had 8 lots in the DAX !!!! lucky it was a good trade :) but it could so easily have been different.

Prospreads say they are looking inot this ,, but have heard nothing from them for a week... have you had similar problems?

Normal service resumed.

Hi Dommo, that was a nasty move yesterday, the oil stocks got battered, as did my spread !! i shorted the Euro stoxx as talk of spanish banks needing a bailout unnerved the sector which helped off-set part of the FTSE losses, but taking relatively long-term positions in Indices at present is a tough game.

PP... I have had issues with my prospreads platform recently. Basically I sometimes have to click 2-3 times before an order is placed on the ladder / quick trade..

last week I clicked several times and nothing happened.. then 15 secs later I suddenly had 8 lots in the DAX !!!! lucky it was a good trade :) but it could so easily have been different.

Prospreads say they are looking inot this ,, but have heard nothing from them for a week... have you had similar problems?

DJ..sometimes if you dont click in the actual box and the mkt is moving fast it can happen, I have made my ladder a larger font, this has made it easier for me any way.