Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I've locked in 10 points. A bit close but I have something else to do. Keep my fingers crossed for a further fall.

5900 futs has been in play on every day for the last 9 trading days

I dont remember such a drawn out consolidation, ever, although im sure there has been

point being that if you had the nerve any position that ernt offside would have given you a get out of jail card the very next day.

Reading this back to myself, I sure wish i had as much foresight as hingsight....:rolleyes:

Well, I soon got stopped! Who knows what will happen? Could be a whipsaw for the rest of the day.

Very rangey and very tetchy. It should go back and test the low at 5893-ish again, but it is too difficult to call, and there are no real trends going on today.

Very rangey and very tetchy. It should go back and test the low at 5893-ish again, but it is too difficult to call, and there are no real trends going on today.

nearly touched it martin

seems to be bouncing back and forth between two levels
95 ish to 5912 ish

f

Here we are at 93, and it should bounce from here. The ES is not testing its low, so if the ES makes a move down then the FTSE should make a new low.

It's amazing how all day we have had a tetchy rangy market with crappy price action. Then after the cash close lo and behold a big sell off!

It's amazing how all day we have had a tetchy rangy market with crappy price action. Then after the cash close lo and behold a big sell off!

:D Hey, Martin! You made me log in, again, so that I could see what I had missed!

No great shakes, today though. I'm glad that I made the amount that I did considering that I was having an experimental day.

Bit late but I'm here. We just struggled to make it to the 50% retrace on the 5 min, so I am expecting one more try to test the low.

On the 1 hr, we opened at the 61.8% level and then broke down through it to make the low at 5854.0 futures. I actually think the low is in for the morning, it just depends where it makes a higher low right now.

Bit late but I'm here. We just struggled to make it to the 50% retrace on the 5 min, so I am expecting one more try to test the low.

On the 1 hr, we opened at the 61.8% level and then broke down through it to make the low at 5854.0 futures. I actually think the low is in for the morning, it just depends where it makes a higher low right now.

tried a sell-off towards low but not much impetus

bit turgid now

f

Well did anyone enjoy the 10am to 11am slot. A massive range of 7 pts! And fortunately in the next hour, all hell broke lose and the range increased to an even more massive 10.5 pts.

The 1 hr chart isn't helping us much either. All it says is that we are in a downtrend and need to break 72.0 for any kind of reversal up.

Well did anyone enjoy the 10am to 11am slot. A massive range of 7 pts! And fortunately in the next hour, all hell broke lose and the range increased to an even more massive 10.5 pts.

The 1 hr chart isn't helping us much either. All it says is that we are in a downtrend and need to break 72.0 for any kind of reversal up.

:LOL: my pair (from just after 9:00) is much the same. Like a tight game of rugby, the forwards keep trying to crash out from the mauls but the defence holds strong - perhaps the fly half will flip one over the top and make a run.

what contract you on now, Martin? Still March or on to June?

jon

jon, I stay on the current contract for the FTSE until the Friday morning of expiry. For the ES I change on the monday before expiry. My 5 min chart is marked up with loads of levels, and when the contract rolls over I basically throw them out and start again. I'll mark up my 5 min charts with the June contract levels on thursday March 15th evening, but I'll only mark up the main recent levels from the hourly chart.

I once got in a debate with someone who was meant to be a mentor and he kept telling me that the levels remained the same when you moved to the new contract. I could never understand this and still don't to this day. If you are working off a cash chart maybe, but not for futures.

We just went through the 61.8% (5874) retracement level on the 5 min chart. I closed my last long at 74 on the futures. We are back to where we were when the price collapsed this morning at 8:55am. I got the feeling last week that they would take it down into this monday and then take it back up again. I am out the market right now as I am not sure of the next step. Most likely up, but I'm not sure and not trading it.

Well. Looks like I got out early again, but I had done well for the morning and was happy not to give it all back, just in case. I took the breakout above 87 for a scalp and then sold the 93.5 level and 127% level at 95.3. I entered on a limit order at 92, as I wasn't sure we would reach 93.5/95.3. I closed at 87 for 5 pts. I tried to get in short again on the retest of the high but didn't get filled at 92.0. We should drift back down to the 20 EMA currently at 82.0

closed the pair for net +8 - not gonna get rich on that. oh for some proper volatility.

closed the pair for net +8 - not gonna get rich on that. oh for some proper volatility.

BarJOn

I went long FTSE and Short DOW just before it fell off at 3.15

Logic was Dow would likely move further to downside if initial FTSE did not go well

Dow did overshoot but I got out too early and only made 4 pips instead of the 20+ that were available in the following 10 mins

I have to get used to letting the Dow fully overshoot when I am on the right side

Just so easy to see a position that was bad move into profit and close it out!:eek:

fletchie

If this wasn't after 4pm, I'd have thought the down move wasn't done yet. But this is chop time and anything can happen between now and 4:30pm. If I were you I would put the kettle on.