Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

well if your offering to help that would be very kind of you samirs, but if i've picked you up wrong just ignore me no worries.

i could record the data through next weeks trading so by friday i would have 5 inputs for say three lines. what else would need to be specified?

I'll try to help time permitting.....I need updated file and with hopefully example / description of the chart you want to see....

managed to enter some data but i don't think this will do the job ....scrolling for one and i also need up to 4 line displayed on the one chart. i'll keep fiddling around with it. thanks

Maybe the attached Excel spreadsheet will do the trick. You have a continuous window of any user-defined size that you can scroll across the data range. Also, it will plot 4 lines of whatever value you want - just use the yellow input cells.

Attachments

• ScrollZoomChart.zip
    125 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Maybe the attached Excel spreadsheet will do the trick. You have a continuous window of any user-defined size that you can scroll across the data range. Also, it will plot 4 lines of whatever value you want - just use the yellow input cells.

hey atholh you are a GENIUS :smart:

this is exactly what i need thank you i hope i can return the favour some day (y)

Martin C-J

I am doing like you but a whole lot diffrently. I started very humbly with zero confidence in what I was doing about 3 months ago and now I have even quit my accounting job and doing this full time.

To be honest, I think I am doing well. Though my method is a hell lot different from yours. The good thing about my method is that its ZERO LOSS.

To cut a long story short- I do my FTSE100 trades in BETFAIR (these are 20mins FINANCIALS). You will find that its much easier if you download and use the BETTING ASSISTANT(Gruss). This might sound like gambling but am not gambling but making profits EVERY 20 minutes on Betfair Financials. My personal finances are now excellent as a result.

All you do is register with Betfair and download the BA(its only £6/month), and start trading.

Then-log-on to the BA and go to Financials - FTSE-20 minutes.

1) You then bring up the (20mins) just before it goes IN-PLAY, noting the level of the FTSE100 at the bigining of that 20mins. (whether its 5780,5560 or what ever it was just before the start of the 20minutes. These run from 9am to 4pm UK time.

2) Wait for any(whether down or up) to reach its MINIMUM-say @1.20(LAY). Then you take that twice (LAY) at say - one as 1.20@£2 and and the other as 1.20@ £100. NOW NOTE that you only do this when the odds START moving UPWARDS.(CRUCIAL)

3) To safeguard yourself -Place a BACK as 1.20@£102 and leave it UNMATCHED as the odds drift upwards. (this is for just in case the market turns against you.If it does-this CONTRAs your original entries.
Suppose the odds reach 100, you then ClOSE the deal by BACKING as 100@£2. This GREENSUP on both sides at £100 each and at end of the 20 minutes, your account inreases by £100. Then quickly cancel the BACK(security) of 1.20@£102 before it gets matched.

You do this 21 times per day and end of day you bank £2 100 or even more depending on your stakes. The main thing here is you LOSE NO PENNY at all and you make profits every 20 minutes. Sometimes out of the 21 events you might make 12 or more. To me this is good money without having to analyse this and that or lose.

I recently bought a brand new car using this method.
Am sure you can find my email on this forum-hook me up-maybe we can share more about this.

Well I had tried what you are doing before but it gave me so much pressure. I hope this might help.

Cheers

Hi
Would appreciate a reply either here or [email protected]
i would like to give your betfair idea a chance but article is as clear as mud to me.
Not used to betting that way.
any help appreciated.
regards

hi micheal have you had a reply about betfair financial and how to do it as i also had trouble understanding it if you have could you please email me [email protected] so you could enlighten me on it thanks richard

ES just completed 61.8% retrace. Let's see how far down it goes, and if it bounces and continues back up to 1282.

Nice little channel forming from last two days highs and lows.

I am working on a SS day therefore have orders up at 5680's short which is also just below Thursdays value area. tight stops of 30 prices.

happy hunting !!

Nice little channel forming from last two days highs and lows.

I am working on a SS day therefore have orders up at 5680's short which is also just below Thursdays value area. tight stops of 30 prices.

happy hunting !!

sorry ,, I meant Wednesdays value area

DAX has built up some nice symmetry on the dailies.. coming down for test of previous trend resistance perhaps?

FTSE yet again looking strong .. perhaps due to crude.

It seems we have had that retest of 5644 with a high of 5635
and momentum is still falling

so the next test could be that gap below which starts around 5567

well I have gone short at 5649 which was close to a 50% retracement of the swing down this morning,, but very tight stops., would love to see this now fill the gap.. but we'll see:rolleyes:

FTSE 30 min and hourly looks flaggy to me..break down may lead to the new years gap fill

is flaggy a technical term?? or a new fangled indicator??:D

I am short .. but am still concerned this is a holding pattern for some news flow the market expects.. hence the tight stops:eek:

It seems we have had that retest of 5644 with a high of 5635
and momentum is still falling

so the next test could be that gap below which starts around 5567

MC.. can you give me the benefit of your wisdom please on swing trading.. as you know I am not scalping now but am still trading the FTSE.. which index do you find the best to trade from a pure technical point of view for swing trading??

FTSE, DAX, ES???? or are they much the same.

thanks

well I have gone short at 5649 which was close to a 50% retracement of the swing down this morning,, but very tight stops., would love to see this now fill the gap.. but we'll see:rolleyes:

J, methinks you be quoting cash prices now. You cheeky spreadbetter you.

I don't know where the volume went this morning. I guess they are waiting for the pizza orders from the Merkozys. I have given up on looking for 10pt moves and am back to banking 4 to 5 pts when they are on offer. I've given up two 8 pt gainers this morning when waiting for more, and have ended up at b/e both times.