50 ma doesnt look to have been much use in last few months though

I guess wherever the market stops, you could always find am ma to match it

but I am not much of a believer in moving averages

the only one I really track is the 102 bar on 5min

50 ma doesnt look to have been much use in last few months though

I guess wherever the market stops, you could always find am ma to match it

but I am not much of a believer in moving averages

the only one I really track is the 102 bar on 5min

Any particular reason for looking at the 102 SMA(EMA?), MC?

Its an sma

never really could get my head around exponential; smoothed; weighted averages; triangular averages etc

life is too short

102x5=510 min

this equates to the trading hours of the cash market

futures usually leads

Jumpy little b*gger this morning. All the moves are sudden and fierce, but it can't put a nice smooth trend together. I've just been playing the channel. Sell top, buy bottom.

Jumpy little b*gger this morning. All the moves are sudden and fierce, but it can't put a nice smooth trend together. I've just been playing the channel. Sell top, buy bottom.

am in scalping mode this morning :(

but we now have a double hit .. am nervous though of putting on a buy and hold as I still feel we may get 5350 today...;

am in scalping mode this morning :(

but we now have a double hit .. am nervous though of putting on a buy and hold as I still feel we may get 5350 today...;

John, can you explain what you mean by a double hit again? I think you mean the double bottom. The 5406 yesterday at 4pm and this mornings low of 5413 at 9:10am.

On the hourly, we did a 38% ish retracement. If the price can't get back above this mornings high 5457.5, then I think it will retest and break the low and then go searching for your 5350.

John, can you explain what you mean by a double hit again? I think you mean the double bottom. The 5406 yesterday at 4pm and this mornings low of 5413 at 9:10am.

On the hourly, we did a 38% ish retracement. If the price can't get back above this mornings high 5457.5, then I think it will retest and break the low and then go searching for your 5350.

thats where I am , though I think a test of 5467 first which I will short for a scalp

Not sure what you mean DC..I was saying that I would be looking for a buy signal at 5350

Hi DJ
what I meant was rather than going the normal slow route I wanted gap high run the upper targets on the dow are now in stone so the question is how is it going to get there whilst keeping the market looking week

right now my signal is to hold into thursday or target so FWIW 350 would still be ok into early US session and would have the effect of getting the FTSE and DOW on the same page

as an added to the above I am long and am only taking long positions until we hit 585 ftse and 280dow a 350 ftse would see me take another long

Hi DJ
what I meant was rather than going the normal slow route I wanted gap high run the upper targets on the dow are now in stone so the question is how is it going to get there whilst keeping the market looking week

right now my signal is to hold into thursday or target so FWIW 350 would still be ok into early US session and would have the effect of getting the FTSE and DOW on the same page

upper targets on the dow are now in stone
The " in stone" phrase I like to hear.

I have 2 targets on DOW now 11952 and 12305

FTSE high 642 still in play we should hit 565 area then pullback to close 423 area this would put the high for monday

Did I misunderstand this post last Friday, I read this as a pull back to the 5423 area or at the time was it meant to be 5523?

Hi DJ

it would also get ftse and ES on the same page.. i.e if ES tests yesterdays lows , then it puts ftse at the 5350 level.

I am also looking to go long.. but some of us dont quite have deep enough pockets to risk scaling in all the way down to 5350 :cheesy: