Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

200ma still in the way at 5630 - am favouring all shorts unless there is a weekly close above there.
I think news will mess this one up again...

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 118
listening to our media, you would think we were the only ones to object to merkozy

but I gather 4 countries gave it the thumbs down

as there were only 10 outside the euro currency, thats almost half of them didnt want to know

Have shorted gap fill based on bearish news.
Bonds still bullish, euro and aussie bearish, gold and oil bearish trends.

am still long having bought in at the close last night, though have exited 1/3rd at 5500 as I thought it would put in a retracement from there.

fairly normal reaction this morning

it moved to take out the previous correction at 5495 which is what market makers love to do

but does give the opportunity to add to shorts

fairly normal reaction this morning

it moved to take out the previous correction at 5495 which is what market makers love to do

but does give the opportunity to add to shorts

I've always found the whole gap fill thing a bit odd. There's no particular reason it HAS to go to gap fill other than it seems an obvious target as it's yesterday's close.

am still long having bought in at the close last night, though have exited 1/3rd at 5500 as I thought it would put in a retracement from there.

Nice DJ, I long out the gun and near you for exit in anticipation of 9am reversal try just gone back in and will cut it on a new low for the move (not hedging since ftse weak vs dow on the drop).

I've always found the whole gap fill thing a bit odd. There's no particular reason it HAS to go to gap fill other than it seems an obvious target as it's yesterday's close.

its not clear which chart you are looking at to say there was a gap

First tick on cash this morning was 5483.46

Nice DJ, I long out the gun and near you for exit in anticipation of 9am reversal try just gone back in and will cut it on a new low for the move (not hedging since ftse weak vs dow on the drop).

Thanks BJ .. I added another lot at 5475..

we need to see this soundly above 5493 now..

I have it at around 70% of them fill. That's since start of October.

The important thing for me on gaps is the clues they give to what the rest of the day will look like.. if the gap mostly fills in the first 15mins then that is usually a good sing that the move in that direction will continue or at least range for the day.