Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

if you were looking for a gap fade trade wouldnt you want to go long @5445

and the next pullback area will be 5448

DJ thinking do I go in thermals or just plain cotton?

why the numbers

if you had long at 5445 (looking for double hit) your stop maybe 5415 the exit the market gives 5448 after stops hit

damm that was looking perfect for a stop run

anyway you would now be short 447 looking for 415 to 404

It's gone all indecisive again. Looks like FTSEZ1 should test 5450 again. They may be waiting for bond auction results. Probably range (5420 to 5450) until lunchtime when they will try and take it down one more time.

Well so much for it ranging. I closed my longs at 5450, and waited for a short entry. Looks like I may have to wait a little longer.

Looks like the news that Berlusconi may be opening a restaurant with Papandreou has got the markets all excited.

Apparently the new restaurant will be serving free food. A Mrs Merkel from Germany has left her credit card behind the bar, and she is picking up the tab for everything. She was going to go halves with a Mr Sarkozy, but he has left his wallet at home. They would like a Mr Cameron to share in th costs of the restaurant, but he says he doesn't like foreign food and won't be eating there.

Anyone care to come up with a name for the restaurant?

Apparently the new restaurant will be serving free food. A Mrs Merkel from Germany has left her credit card behind the bar, and she is picking up the tab for everything. She was going to go halves with a Mr Sarkozy, but he has left his wallet at home. They would like a Mr Cameron to share in th costs of the restaurant, but he says he doesn't like foreign food and won't be eating there.

Yo Excusi

Euro Doughnuts

Mc Merkels

now thats got to be the deal of the week 5496 to 5096 then go christmas shopping

How about George and Silvio's Sad Cafe. Lots of Cojones, a few sour grapes and an all you can eat buffet.

Last edited:

illiquid lounge:cheesy:

DJ - Are you trading the FGBX or FGBS or FGBL or FGBM? I always thought the bond market was meant to be fairly quiet compared to the indices?

This Berlusconi news has confused the market briefly. It probably wants to sell off, but if Silvio is going to resign then that would cause some stops to be hit further. You can see it already happened to some extent around 11am. The volume popped up significantly with both the break of the pullback high at 5455.5 and the italy rumours. We might start to drift down over lunch, but with possible news imminent, I don't see any new large positions being taken.

DJ - Are you trading the FGBX or FGBS or FGBL or FGBM? I always thought the bond market was meant to be fairly quiet compared to the indices?

This Berlusconi news has confused the market briefly. It probably wants to sell off, but if Silvio is going to resign then that would cause some stops to be hit further. You can see it already happened to some extent around 11am. The volume popped up significantly with both the break of the pullback high at 5455.5 and the italy rumours. We might start to drift down over lunch, but with possible news imminent, I don't see any new large positions being taken.

FGBL - in terms of equities.. cant help been a bit bullish right now

This is not the most convincing of sell offs. I have been short a couple of times, just think it lacks momentum. It may still keep going down, but the possibility of a reversal seems strong. So I am stapling my hands to the desk until something happens.