Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

5089 etched in stone

FTSE produced another today 4846 monthly how cool is that

would prefer a buy tomorrow but from 5421

Hi lads!
Dc- funny enough I am having ftse daily at 5420ish aswell, strong support there. Are you using 233MA?
Keep longs under the sofa for now.
Domino started falling apart.
Many news this week, can change direction in minutes.

5089 etched in stone

FTSE produced another today 4846 monthly how cool is that

would prefer a buy tomorrow but from 5421

Bet still stands DC ... Bear my ar$e in woolworths window if we hit 5089 :D

What will I do if we hit 4846???:cry:

given PA so far this is also looking like one of those after 9am buy any hour low and sell half past hour high

Right, I am ready to write a book on "How to miss big moves even if you know about them upfront". Surely it will reach top 10.
I guess family and job will allways get in the way. Should I get rid of both ? :innocent:

Initially, I will be looking to short from 5440 area, if it gets there.

Hi Guys... do any of you have an MF Global account... I don't wish to start a panic but there is a rumour that "allegedlly" they are close to going bust.

a friend of mine has over £1m with them and I spoke to him this morning and he is desperately trying to get his money out.... this fella is very well connected in the city , so I would personally take him seriously.

DJ did your mate get out in time?. They are reporting some clients money has gone missing.

DJ did your mate get out in time?. They are reporting some clients money has gone missing.

I don't know, I haven't seen him since.... He had £1.5m with them!!! He might be crying into his beer right now...

I don't know, I haven't seen him since.... He had £1.5m with them!!! He might be crying into his beer right now...

That's a lot of money to be waiting for.

My brokers all seem to take ages to pay out, sometimes 5 days. Seems a bit extreme when you can transfer instantly in private bank accounts.
Can pay for Chaps payment though when i need it fast. :cheesy:

GDP up next :-0

You should ask for brokerage accounts to kept in segregated funds. That "should" protect them. I hear Charles Schwab is looking at buying MF Globals Brokerage service. Interestingly Schwab own Options Express who own Open ECry who are who I trade with.

I am going to guess that the range is between 5416 and 5384 for the next hour, and then getting smaller until ISM Manuf number at 2pm.

sold @5433, bought @5423, +10
my trades at spreadco are now referred - what a joke. Tiny account with a tiny profit.
Will be out of this provider soon.

You should ask for brokerage accounts to kept in segregated funds. That "should" protect them. I hear Charles Schwab is looking at buying MF Globals Brokerage service. Interestingly Schwab own Options Express who own Open ECry who are who I trade with.

I am going to guess that the range is between 5416 and 5384 for the next hour, and then getting smaller until ISM Manuf number at 2pm.

Thanks Martin i will look into this.

Well the PMI and GDP cancelled each other out.

I am intrigued by some of the methods presented in this thread for trading the FTSE Futures. I traded the UK100 daily with real money for about a year but decided it was too difficult to be consistent. So I took a different approach, which meant learning to program.

I developed a simple system, which I use in a demo account, but am very keen to get ‘real’ again.

The system buys when the price goes up , sells when it goes down and waits when it goes sideways . There are a number of parameters in the program which for example distinguish between sideways, up and down, but no complex mathematical indicators.

My guiding principle is ‘avoid complexity’, which includes candle analysis, chart patterns, Elliot Waves and Fibonacci – all of which I find fascinating and often apply extremely well to historic data.

Going live any time since March would have been good and last week’s results were also good. But what about December 2010 to January 2011? That makes me very cautious about going live now with December approaching.

Of course, the rules don’t change, the behaviour of the price changes. It still goes up, down and sideways as before, but in a different way, which is difficult to quantify. Human descriptions such as “choppy, volatile, trending” etc may be true, but my dumb program needs more precision. Any ideas?

Yes I can tweak the parameters to better fit the historic data, but who cares about the past? I know that losses are part of winning and there are no guarantees, but I’m being very cautious nevertheless.

I’ve attached some charts to show the success of the last few days and a really bad couple of days. Also today’s chart. Where will it go? How will the logic respond?

Attachments

• UK100 27-28 Oct 2011.JPG
    UK100 27-28 Oct 2011.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 107
  • UK100 31 Oct - 1 Nov 2011.JPG
    UK100 31 Oct - 1 Nov 2011.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 109
  • UK100 Monthly Accumulative Net Profit.JPG
    UK100 Monthly Accumulative Net Profit.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 111
  • UK100 20-21 Oct 2011.JPG
    UK100 20-21 Oct 2011.JPG