Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

they used the news to clobber all the longs. simples click click :)

in my opinion the buying all takes place at the bottom which is where we might be now so this would be a buying day even if it looks like a selling day but we might not be at the bottom yet :(

Here’s a wee indicator some of you might find helpful. I have tried it out for a few weeks now and find it quite good but like everything else it won’t work all the time so maybe just use it for confirmation or timing you trades. It has kept me out of some stonkers but it has also kept me out of good trades when the indicator is at extremes but the market just keeps moving in the same direction. Remember it’s all down to probabilities like, the volume was probably selling, the support will probably hold, DL is probably the best looker on this thread and so on. :p

I like to keep things simple and they don’t come any simpler than this.

RSI2 Just set RSI at 2 and that’s it, well I said it was simple:)

PS it nailed 59 on this morning’s hourly chart:cheesy:

You’ll get all the info here it should keep you reading for about 2 mins ha

TradingMarkets | How to use the 2-Period RSI

I know some of you will already have seen this but it might help the newbees

martin is right it works well in a ranging market but take a look at todays market it called the bottom and went on to call the top (hr chart) what a little peach :p
it worked as confirmation for me today(y)

Attachments

• rsi2-2.gif
    rsi2-2.gif
    67.8 KB · Views: 153
To cheer you all up.. thought this was really funny .. Map of Europe according to Burlosconi

Attachments

• Capture Europe.JPG
    Capture Europe.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 177
Hi is there any website that details the taylor/linda rashke method, the book reviews of linda rashke books are very mixed.

the trading naked website has some info / downloads. George Ansell also has a book called sniper trading with a system based on taylor technique. I haven't had a chance to read it yet so can't say if it's any good

the trading naked website has some info / downloads. George Ansell also has a book called sniper trading with a system based on taylor technique. I haven't had a chance to read it yet so can't say if it's any good

thanks orangetrader, will check it out.

Here's yet another one. This time on the ES. What annoys me more than anything is that I haven't learnt to spot these yet, before they happen. I can spot them easily once they have printed.

Must remember, take yesterdays low (1201.50)from the evening session, and this mornings high (1216.25), and then calculate the 161.8% extension which is 1192.38.

Now let me see.....what was this afternoons low at 5:15pm? 1192.50!!!

Attachments

• 20 Oct 162% extension.jpg
    20 Oct 162% extension.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 140
Here's yet another one. This time on the ES. What annoys me more than anything is that I haven't learnt to spot these yet, before they happen. I can spot them easily once they have printed.

Must remember, take yesterdays low (1201.50)from the evening session, and this mornings high (1216.25), and then calculate the 161.8% extension which is 1192.38.

Now let me see.....what was this afternoons low at 5:15pm? 1192.50!!!

spoken in my best irish voice "to be sure" :LOL:

Last edited:
its trading like a SS day Dick.. but I had this down as a Buy day today .. I think the news flow this afternoon has scuppered their plan to take it higher before then selling it down.

I also had FTSE down for a buy was supposed to be wednesday but no double hit so moved forward a day and same today

a new weekly target today from DOW 11684 which has pleased me some still want 11103 and 11022 first though

for tomorrow I would like big gap low at least 5320, FTSE bring it up a bit the DOW falls through floor

What I find you have to do Dick (correct me if I am wrong DC) is not to think of it always as Days.. but 24 hr cycles (for futures) sometimes the buy cycle starts early morning or mid day...??!! what I think you are looking for is the mkt trying find a low from which they can buy in order to sell at higher prices.. once that low is formed then this becomes a very significant price for the mkt.

Lots to learn on this technique.

when the student is ready the master appears

absolutely spot on

my wife has read my posts and has told me i sound like Victor Meldrew is this right fellow posters? now be honest.

I also had FTSE down for a buy was supposed to be wednesday but no double hit so moved forward a day and same today

a new weekly target today from DOW 11684 which has pleased me some still want 11103 and 11022 first though

for tomorrow I would like big gap low at least 5320, FTSE bring it up a bit the DOW falls through floor

I saw that too.. Price action was too messy for a buy day..so figured we were on a ss day

Buy day tomorrow

Hi, am looking for some advice guys on SB platforms..I have always traded using the Marex futures platform .. I get £5 per lot per 1/2 price on ftse and pay £1 per round trip. My spread is one 1/2 price...so buy at 5000..sell at 5000.5... Because more and more of my trading is holding for longer runs..I am thinking of moving to a SB platform for all of my trading, but need to work out the economics..what deals do you guys get? And with whom?

Hi, am looking for some advice guys on SB platforms..I have always traded using the Marex futures platform .. I get £5 per lot per 1/2 price on ftse and pay £1 per round trip. My spread is one 1/2 price...so buy at 5000..sell at 5000.5... Because more and more of my trading is holding for longer runs..I am thinking of moving to a SB platform for all of my trading, but need to work out the economics..what deals do you guys get? And with whom?

Hello DJ, my experience (main markets, including FTSE100):
Company - normal trading hours - other hours
etxcapital - 5000.0-5001.0 - 5000.0-5004.0
spreadco - 5000.0-5000.8 - 5000.0-5001.8
worldspreads - 5000.0-5000.0 - 5000.0-5006.0

Basically, worldspreads offer 0 point spread to everybody for 30 days. If you have Platinum account (min. £5000) it's 0 points all the time. They run a referral scheme also, where "your friend" gets £150 for referral that can be split.
This is not recommendation / advertising, just facts.

Speakers who "may" move the markets this morning

0740 GMT -ECB’s Trichet

0800- ECB’s Stark

1000 ECB’s Nowotny

1030 Bk of Portugal Gov Costa

1345 ECB’s Praet

we did get a double hit yeaterday on futures allbeit several hours apart.. can we count this a a double hit buy day??