Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

You have to adjust the futures charts for the dividend and financing adjustments every quarter so unless you do that, you only have the cash charts to go on for long term analysis.
Some software will do this automatically otherwise it's a complicated process.

many thanks for the response. I made a mistake in my post. I meant to say the FTSE index vs futures cash charts. I understand that the futures lead but for example yesterday the index poked above a prior swing/range high but the futures just stopped short. In a case like this should one just disregard what's happening on the index chart

Thanks DJ for the detailed explanation and also view on likely market direction.

Samir, hopefully you saw the rejection of yesterdays highs and managed to trade this. This was significant as I think it was the first time for the last few days that the previous days highs have been rejected so soundly.

Samir, hopefully you saw the rejection of yesterdays highs and managed to trade this. This was significant as I think it was the first time for the last few days that the previous days highs have been rejected so soundly.

Thanks DJ....I did manage to get that.....whats happening with EURO - $ and also Italian bond auction....

Thanks DJ....I did manage to get that.....whats happening with EURO - $ and also Italian bond auction....

euro testing levels, Italian bond auction went well I think..

but the market has probably priced a lot of euro goodness in for now.. so even on good news it will go down as traders take profit. Funny old game eh?

many thanks for the response. I made a mistake in my post. I meant to say the FTSE index vs futures cash charts. I understand that the futures lead but for example yesterday the index poked above a prior swing/range high but the futures just stopped short. In a case like this should one just disregard what's happening on the index chart

They are separate contracts and for all intents and purposes trade separately but there is a lot of arbing going on between the cash value (which is basically all the stocks added and calculated with weightings) and the futures. In fact, you can't even trade the cash index unless you use spread betting or ETFs. The real world is trading on the futures contracts/ETFs/individual stocks.
You have to keep an eye on both if you haven't recalculated your futures prices. IMO, the cash index support and resistance levels are the more important ones especially if they are older than a quarter, year, few years.

first a small bounce off 351 then 376 then 273 to 289 then 226

easy as 3.8%

DC I hope the move down after the positive JP Morgan results bodes well for your prediction.. but it does seem to be making heavy going of it. Not that they ever make it easy.. but 226 seems a long way off at the mo.

DC I hope the move down after the positive JP Morgan results bodes well for your prediction.. but it does seem to be making heavy going of it. Not that they ever make it easy.. but 226 seems a long way off at the mo.

Will make you a deal DC in order to tempt fate... if FTSE cash reaches the 226 today.. then I will bear my ar$e in Woolworths window..

it is stuck in 390s ..undecided....needs a push either way....tough job this watching it....

need to close the short then will drop like a stone