Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

FTSE going for 2 Z days so high should be broken later preference is to break 5096 to about the 5118 then pullback to 5089 :) then target becomes 5204

then 5304 tomorrow

DC I think I agree with you here.. in my view we are on a Sell Day.. that is , market took it up yesterday , tempted in buyers, has made it look bullish all day , but they keep taking their profits (strong hands) at the highs. I favour on Futures a sell off down to 4950 which would be a 50% retracement of the move. Then they buy it back.

hey guys i think we got to start checking the market action 5/6 days before big ben speaks. check out the daily charts again. when does he speak next? :)

did you see how they suckered buyers into the ADP annoucement , and then BANG !!! took their profits!! I was short at 5049 down to 5020

I am flat at the moment, no ill will to those long, but I am really hoping for a strong pullback so I can get a good price to hold and swing a ding ding with

Market very much driven by financials today - take a look at Barclays... chart almost same as FTSE... not as much volume in Miners as yesterday

That was a USTech trade. A short at 2125 to 2111 and no complaints about the SB firm, either. Fast enough for me.

This has been a difficult 30 mins to trade. The FTSE order book is jumping all over the place. Lots of dojis and stuck in a 20 pt range. Better to sit on hands and save the mental energy for better times. It will snap out of this eventually.

I almost missed that breakout. I was too busy sitting on hands. Well the 161.8% extension of the opening high of 5048 and the low of the day of 4969.5 comes in at 5096.5. We pulled up just shy at 5093.5. Doesn't mean it won't go back and test it later, but we are coming up to 4:00pm and squaring up time. The ES has just done a 161.8% extension too.

My be+10 looking a bit of a stupid move now!!!!

A profit is a profit but it still looks stupid.

I agree, but if I had more faith in the method, just left it alone 'just look at what you could have won'.

Faith ruins more pockets than erring on the side of caution does.

Never mind, you'll be here to fight another day tomorrow! (y)

Don't be sorry! :D I appreciate your reply.

5089 was yesterday. I'm a day older since then and now the index is 170 points lower. God know's where it is going to end up, especially these days. I'll see where it goes this afternoon, have a good night's sleep, watch the open and make up my mind, then.

and so it came to pass