Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

i've got an unfulfilled signal at 4830 hope it stays that way

Hi Dick Lexic,

What do you do with these signals? Wait for them to happen? It's that you mentioned 5096 yesterday. Have you not traded in between? I'm trying to understand your trading style.

i've got an unfulfilled signal at 4830 hope it stays that way

Hi Dick Lexic,

What do you do with these signals? Wait for them to happen? It's that you mentioned 5096 yesterday. Have you not traded in between? I'm trying to understand your trading style.

Hi Dick Lexic,

Hi split, I have what I think is a unique system. i use it to identify certain areas both long and short term. when price heads for these areas I trade using buy/sell signals in that direction. Sometimes I get a conflict of signals so I just sit and wait that’s what I’m doing at the mo. i think there is order in the chaos:)

I am long at futures 4974 with a stop at 4966 - have taken half off at 4993 - bad headache today , so am swinging .. too tired for scalping

price looking good for 5096 wouldnt really want go fill gap though 4094 good enough or even an 89 good number

I cant see it filling gap now thought DC can you? negative EU service readings and Italy downgrade and it still hasnt filled...

I see it, at present, as a pullback forming. It has to complete before I know whether this lot is going up or down. Sometimes I get in beforehand. Sometimes, I'm right, sometimes wrong!

That UK GDP number looks pretty grim. Caught the market a little by surprise. I cant see them forcing it back up after this.

I cant see it filling gap now thought DC can you? negative EU service readings and Italy downgrade and it still hasnt filled...

I take it that you are talking the gap from the cash close yesterday at 4:30PM. The gap on the futures filled at the open.

price looking good for 5096 wouldnt really want go fill gap though 4094 good enough or even an 89 good number

given you have a high already of 5073 another 23 points to your 5096 seems a bit low prob.

I bow to your infinite wisdom..... but ??? perhaps we have already seen the high for the day in the cash?

I take it that you are talking the gap from the cash close yesterday at 4:30PM. The gap on the futures filled at the open.

Yes, DC always talks cash

"money is as money does" ---- Forrest Gump (US economic advisor to the Fed)

can anyone suggest if its gonna go any higher today or if its down trend from now

Everyone has his own way of following the chart track. What is running through my head ,now, is that most of the big rise of yesterday afternoon is still intact, which means a certain firmness. My view is that it is time for a walk in the park and wait until Wall Street opens this afternoon.

can anyone suggest if its gonna go any higher today or if its down trend from now

I would watch the ES for a confirmed break above 1116.0. It has led the FTSE and FESX this morning. Bingo. Just went as I was typing.

Then after that look for 1119.5 (last nights high) to provide a little resistance. If this goes then 1133.

But we have ADP non farms at 1:15pm, and if that beats estimates then I think there will be a big short covering.

Last edited:
given you have a high already of 5073 another 23 points to your 5096 seems a bit low prob.

I bow to your infinite wisdom..... but ??? perhaps we have already seen the high for the day in the cash?

FTSE going for 2 Z days so high should be broken later preference is to break 5096 to about the 5118 then pullback to 5089 :) then target becomes 5204

then 5304 tomorrow

Its judging momentum which is the hard bit. I did think that the Dow bounce from this trend earlier should mean gains for FTSE but never sure

606Y6.gif

Equally it would seem likely to fall from this resistance now at open before any further gains, presuming we are still positive heading. This equates to FTSE 5080

Euro hasnt really risen enough to justify any great optimism, I guess the risk favours 5080 holding for today at least

Market is in a down trend till it holds fast at least a few days so say we need Dow above 11000 for this week to think otherwise

Last edited: