Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

You must eat breakfast really quickly! I will try and keep it under 50 trades per hour.

:) I remember looking at chart after you posted and thought how on earth do you find 30 trades

having said that have been watching DOW this evening on a one min chart and each hour was the same as doing weekly patterns and targets all in a single day

Ok chaps I am sticking my neck out here, but I am going to make a prediction... I think that Thursday, Friday - they make it look really weak leading into NFP... we then get a really good number and they take it up to the top floor. Please dont trade this .. I do not have a crystal ball... but I can feel it in the water.. if you know what I mean

Ok chaps I am sticking my neck out here, but I am going to make a prediction... I think that Thursday, Friday - they make it look really weak leading into NFP... we then get a really good number and they take it up to the top floor. Please dont trade this .. I do not have a crystal ball... but I can feel it in the water.. if you know what I mean

but you do have a crystal ball and who cares about Friday my guess you will have taken money off table before NFP

so what shall we say? early print lower followed by buying into noon, sell down inot USA session and then back up

for the FTSE my preference is to hit the 5096 early then fall

for the DOW you know I said the 2nd day can be stronger move right now we are on a three pattern which will allow an exit prior to NFP

I was quite pleased with my thoughts on potential levels yesterday, so I am going to have another go today.... These are for ftse futures...

We need 4952 to 4988 to hold today to see a move up to 5040, once through this price then we should see 5084 to 5100... Based on typical ranges then this should be the high for the day..if it breaks through this then 5150 is in sight and in my view would be a very strong signal of a change in trend.. But if it gets here expect strong profit taking..a move back down through 4952 puts 4900 and 4839 back in play..below this are the august lows. I think the opening price action is key to watch when we will get the high of 5084/100,, it maybe we get this first and then see a drift down for the rest of the day... I would like to see a test of 4952 and then a push up...but let's see if they make it that easy.

Market may slow down around 9.30 to 10am as there are german and Portuguese bond auctions this morning, results announced at 10am...Market will watch these carefully today.

I am waiting to see if we keep going up this morning in spite of very bad news last night with a downgrade of Italy from Moodys. Now if this market ignores that news, then it is very clear to me that yesterdays drop and rebound were engineered. It dropped on no news to new lows. So if it rises on bad news then I can only assume there are bigger forces involved.

The Italian debt downgrade is very bad as Italy are too big an economy for the ECB/EMF to bail out. Last weeks Italian bond auction that resulted in yields above 5% for their 10yr bond, was just a sign that this is going to get worse before it gets better.

an interesting gap play earlier would have seen short the FTSE at +100 and long the DOW at -80

I am waiting to see if we keep going up this morning in spite of very bad news last night with a downgrade of Italy from Moodys. Now if this market ignores that news, then it is very clear to me that yesterdays drop and rebound were engineered. It dropped on no news to new lows. So if it rises on bad news then I can only assume there are bigger forces involved.

The Italian debt downgrade is very bad as Italy are too big an economy for the ECB/EMF to bail out. Last weeks Italian bond auction that resulted in yields above 5% for their 10yr bond, was just a sign that this is going to get worse before it gets better.

very good point Martin.. of course the market will be relying on traders going short still, so may exploit this

price looking good for 5096 wouldnt really want go fill gap though 4094 good enough or even an 89 good number