Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

care needed around the 5065.3 for the swingers I have that as poss turn and reload if it comes before US session

for the scalpers buy every 20 point drop and sell every 40 point rally is what Im looking at on todays chart

DC, so if we don't see 5065 cash before 2:30pm, then still expect it to go up? As for scalpers the range is currently about 25 pts, so I am just buying around 4925 futures and selling around 4950 futures, but that won't last for long.

After 5pm, the volume on the FTSE futures contract drops off completely. It is tradeable, but the order book gets so light you could get stopped easily on just lack of orders. I find the ES in the evening quite hard to trade, but there are good days and bad days. The only thing with trading the ES is you have to be prepared to give up a tick on entry and exit as sometimes it is hard to get filled at your target price. Try it for a while and see what happens. One caveat if you are using OEC's sim to trade the ES. It gives you very favourable fills that are just not realistic in the real world.

thanks Martin, will give the S&M a go. I'm a sucker for punishment

For me the charts are still indicating more downside but price is sitting on wk bar fib at 5043 so we might get a quick reversal, maybe a touch dow to 5000. If it does then close/hold above 89 then 150 is key for me.

Everyone playing bash a bank right now but a wee bit of good news out of Europe could send the lift back up to the second floor. Ground floor level for me at the mo is 4967.

good game :cheesy:

bing bong
ladies and gentlemen attention please unfortunately our lift has stuck at the ground floor :) our engineers are on site and we hope to resume normal sevice shortly. we appologise for any inconvenience.:LOL:

thanks Martin, will give the S&M a go. I'm a sucker for punishment

Good luck J, but I would keep it quiet about your interest in S&M.

Getting closer to lunchtime now, and more influence from the US. Yesterday, it was the yanks who took this down, so they may do it again. We have struggled to retrace more than 50% this morning and the range is now tightening for a breakout, possibly both ways. I've had enough of the excitement for now, so a trip to Tescos will calm me down!

bing bong
ladies and gentlemen attention please unfortunately our lift has stuck at the ground floor :) our engineers are on site and we hope to resume normal sevice shortly. we appologise for any inconvenience.:LOL:

is the lift is going down purely on gravitational force to 4700....this afternoon...

It's going to 4,775 lowest samir, trading the FTSE with Traders Own Markets, watch the FTSE pre market tomorrow morning for a big bounce back

to the swing traders: whats your plan of action given the selloff?
to the scalpers: u must be loving this!

Reckoning on 4,675 max downside by end of November. But these markets are so fickle...trade what you see. Reckon we might even see upper resistance at 5,420. Trading the FTSE 30-40 times a day at the moment, and building a shareholding in Traders Own for free. Bring it on

any thoughts longer term?

my downside levels

I have no thoughts on trade direction of any index until I see some movement prior to the open. Countertrends happen on any day and there is no way that we can foresee which day it is going to be, so my thinking runs on half-day sessions.

We are scalpers or short term traders. Thinking too far ahead is for others.

Well the FTSE bounced off the 161.8% extension, but the ES is still very close to the 1072.0 Aug 9th low. It wouldn't take much for another punch lower, which I would imagine that the big boys might try. I'd like to see the FTSE futures hold above 4950 before I get bullish.

I have no thoughts on trade direction of any index until I see some movement prior to the open. Countertrends happen on any day and there is no way that we can foresee which day it is going to be, so my thinking runs on half-day sessions.

We are scalpers or short term traders. Thinking too far ahead is for others.

sorry split i don't agree on that one. i need to look at many levels when trading. weekly, monthly even yearly charts all have their value. just have a look back on this thread and see how many times 5089 for instance has had an influence on the market and for me still is.

is the lift is going down purely on gravitational force to 4700....this afternoon...

I disagree with this my friend

Too many technical formations indicating a major reversal this week also next week

French CAC 40 - IHS formation

hence long CAC from 2835

Attachments

• France 40 (DFB).png
    France 40 (DFB).png
    17.3 KB · Views: 130
I am long cac 40 - french index

I am long CAC 40 from 2835 upto 2800

avg = 2820 region

stop loss = 2720

tgt = 2920

DavidJones_IG David Jones
FTSE now off 4%, 4791 was the August low and the next big level to watch. Fire up the "Billions Wiped off Shares" printing presses.