Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning All

Everything started bullish today.

Had a Nikei long , closed it yesterday for a nice profit. I just saw it could have doubled today, had I kept it.

@michaelhewson

IFO number very positive - DAX sudden move to multi year highs pre the numbers a little suspicious IMHO

Dax +96 wow.

mornin' all

mmm, I s'pose the shorties might prosper in the end, but it's worth pointing out that if people had been buying the tops over the last couple of weeks they'd be looking at 265 (more if they'd been buying the dips) whereas the poor old top sellers would have manged around 130 even if they'd judged the end of the dips spot on.

Dunno why there's such a fascination for trying to pin tops and bottoms - it's the most dangerous game of all.

mornin' all

mmm, I s'pose the shorties might prosper in the end, but it's worth pointing out that if people had been buying the tops over the last couple of weeks they'd be looking at 265 (more if they'd been buying the dips) whereas the poor old top sellers would have manged around 130 even if they'd judged the end of the dips spot on.

Dunno why there's such a fascination for trying to pin tops and bottoms - it's the most dangerous game of all.

morning barjon

until IG clients shift from 85% short to 85% long FTSE cannot fall,

we had sort of settled on the fact that buying strength and selling weakness was what works and that charts were not much good for trading.

morning barjon

until IG clients shift from 85% short to 85% long FTSE cannot fall

Maybe they'll all get lucky for a change. Anyway what happens normally is the market will drop a bit and start to pop to get them to cover and go long, then the rull gets pulled.