Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Just covered half at 13485

Will look to hedge with a long in Dax or FTSE the rest.

Good Morning

Also covered half at these levels , ive been selling Dax again this morning looking for it to take out the low from yesterday

still awaiting the 6040 level at the mo target calcs at 6043

I will wait for a long rather than turning at this level as the FTSE could open up a 5997 and the DOW still has its number set in stone

Just covered half at 13485

Will look to hedge with a long in Dax or FTSE the rest.

I was charged a pretty bid dividend on the Dow short of yesterday evening something equivalent to 4 points. No complains of course because I got 50 points

Is the same happening with the futures or it is just a trick of the SB companies ?

I was charged a pretty bid dividend on the Dow short of yesterday evening something equivalent to 4 points. No complains of course because I got 50 points

Is the same happening with the futures or it is just a trick of the SB companies ?

Same happened to me mate, you are actually buying or selling the stock market when you trade the cash so u get these dividend adjustments, if you trade the future you wont get this. think i got a 4 tick charge aswell from IG , cheers £40 down the pan should have seen that coming ! (n)

I intend to place orders just before US open circa 13373 just in case of a fast early move if no hit by 3:30 then I will remove them

I intend to place orders just before US open circa 13373 just in case of a fast early move if no hit by 3:30 then I will remove them[/QUOTE

Good shout great buying oppo if it gets down there, futures being stubborn at mom, as you said lets see what happens at 2.30 !

LONDON, Jan 14 (Reuters) - Imperial Tobacco is the only FTSE 100
company scheduled to go ex-dividend on Wednesday, after which investors will no
longer qualify for the latest dividend payout.
According to Reuters calculations at current market prices, the effect of
the resulting adjustment to prices by market-makers would take 2.9 points off
the index.

Ex-divs to take 2.9 points off FTSE 100 on Jan. 16 | Reuters

hearing Think Tank Report on Debt ceiling - suggests that while
Obama will use the bully pulpit and his "outside game" to
pressure Republicans to raise the debt ceiling without condition
s,the GOP will decide its negotiating strategy at a Virginia
retreat this week. It also says it's becoming increasingly
possible that the two sides will address the debt ceiling and
the need for another budget deal separately, and that the
sequester may be allowed to take hold.

Watch your shorts in stocks if people take notice of this !

I intend to place orders just before US open circa 13373 just in case of a fast early move if no hit by 3:30 then I will remove them

13,373 did u mean 13,473 (dow bounced from 4pts below the 473 level)

Last edited:
hearing Think Tank Report on Debt ceiling - suggests that while
Obama will use the bully pulpit and his "outside game" to
pressure Republicans to raise the debt ceiling without condition
s,the GOP will decide its negotiating strategy at a Virginia
retreat this week. It also says it's becoming increasingly
possible that the two sides will address the debt ceiling and
the need for another budget deal separately, and that the
sequester may be allowed to take hold.

Watch your shorts in stocks if people take notice of this !

I guess the GOP are the last who want a market fall.

This market is heading a little higher, albeit with lots of volatility.

It's the time again ! Playing the range just sold 13514 cash !

Talbs, you don't give up eh ?

Tonight will be probably a little different.

Yesterday the Nikei collapsed almost 400 points, while the Dow kept the ground and may even close positive today, showing exceptional resiliency.

If we do not have a sell off towards the close, then it is possible that all the markets to be in positive teritoty tomorrow.

Ill wait to see what is happening towards the close.

Talbs, you don't give up eh ?

Tonight will be probably a little different.

Yesterday the Nikei collapsed almost 400 points, while the Dow kept the ground and may even close positive today, showing exceptional resiliency.

If we do not have a sell off towards the close, then it is possible that all the markets to be in positive teritoty tomorrow.

Ill wait to see what is happening towards the close.

I know what mean but I'm not looking for a big move down ill take 30 ticks or so ! If it breaks up ill play catch up In the dax tomorrow ! But for now ill keep shorting at these levels and taking it back lower . Works the last few days so let's see.

I know what mean but I'm not looking for a big move down ill take 30 ticks or so ! If it breaks up ill play catch up In the dax tomorrow ! But for now ill keep shorting at these levels and taking it back lower . Works the last few days so let's see.

I have also my finger in the trigger :LOL:
Yesterday it was better to short 15 min after the close.
I may play it like this, half now and half after the close.