Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hi Zorbas,

Good question. The reason is due to the amount or profit and risk I am using based on the predicted time line of the trade. My stop is around 7500 with a target around 6500 or better. Naturally this all depends on market sentiment and as usual I am always open to allow my mind to change based on any research carried out. This is unbiased research without emotions btw. As the saying goes "There's always two sides to every story" - Everyone always has an opinion and traders are some of the worst.

Due to the size of the risk/reward and based on moving averages for the target market I know that with high probability I wont be stopped out within a couple of weeks. THIS IS A PROBABILITY NOT A CERTAINTY. The market is a way off yet and typical ranges for Dax 30 are as follows:

NOTE: These are Spreadbetting prices/ranges and will differ greatly from actual marker data but bear in mind I am playing against the Spreadbetting company and not the real market. My research is based on real market data and incorporated to be used for Spreadbetting.

Also Note: Ranges are over the time based predicted for the trades then carried forward.

Day: 110pts

Weekly: 240pts

Monthly: 550pts

Markets typically fall much quicker than they rise so as I'm short my concerns are less.

Had I have used DFB (daily's) then I leave myself open to paying interest on this every day. It works out that after about a week I end up paying more than what I would have done had I of used a forward contract.

Also by taking a future contract the SB price works in my favor. As it is currently priced higher than their cash means it will drop by this much on or prior to expiry. So.... the longer I hold the trade the more I make, assuming of course the market doesn't move, however, I do then get my spread back regardless of outcome.

Hope that helps.

Lee Shepherd

Hi Lee

Where art thogh? Did you let your stop hit on this or still in the trade or closer early?

Would be interesting to learn how you managed this trade.

Attachments

• dax10122012.jpg
    dax10122012.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 116
Morning All
BHP +1.44%
RIO +0.77%
Miners well supported again with iron ore price, should help FTSE.
Australia shares notch 7-week high as iron ore rallies | Reuters
ASX not very convincing and looks very tied
1% to 2% correction would be good before another move higher.
4480 to 4500 key support for the month.
Asian markets mixed.
AUD waiting for the FTSE and DOW to take it above and hold above 1.05
Had two false breaks above in the last 4 days.

indicator remains bullish.... dropped 6 overall last week

ftse added 3 for the bulls on fri....5891 key level I think ...cash

pos77
neg23

dow added 2 for the bulls on fri

pos 20
neg 10

last week was a good week for the indicator but early days...
this week will be interesting with all the resistance, cycles, divergence, top calling going on we might yet see mr tumble..

nasdaq looks weakest… it needs the old rudolph reversal :)

A good day for the bulls again yesterday....indicator remains bullish....

no change to ftse ...

no change to dow...

rudolph trying his best with naz...a good move yesterday but needs to break 2660

New IG spreads in Australia.
Dow from 2 to 1.8
ASX micro 1 to 1.2

We’re reducing the spreads on some of our most popular markets.

Standard contract spreads we’re tightening include:

Market Old spread New spread
Wall Street 2 points 1.8 points
US SPX 500 0.5 points 0.4 points
US Tech 100 forward 4 points 3 points
France 40 2 points 1 point

The spreads above represent the lowest available spreads on these markets, available only during cash market hours.

While we’re tightening the spreads on many of our major markets, the spreads on some markets will widen. If you’re trading mini contracts, for example, you may want to consider switching to standard contracts to continue enjoying our best prices. We're also introducing new standard AUD-denominated $10 contracts. Check the PDF for further details on affected markets.

If you have any questions about our spreads, or if there’s anything else we can help you with, please contact us via the details below.

http://www.igmarkets.com.au/content...iles/misc/Emails/AUMnewspreads6DECEMBERV2.pdf

I get 1pt spread on Dow during cash hours, with intertrader

1 point on the DOW for scalping would be great I guess.
Normally sleeping when the DOW is going, so no advantage for me.
Only do the odd barjon DOW/FTSE trade with the spread not meaning much.
ASX micro is annoying, because I use this for building trades(foot soldiers), before taking a full size order.

1 point on the DOW for scalping would be great I guess.
Normally sleeping when the DOW is going, so no advantage for me.
Only do the odd barjon DOW/FTSE trade with the spread not meaning much.
ASX micro is annoying, because I use this for building trades(foot soldiers), before taking a full size order.

thats a good strategy,

intertrader also do 1pt dax spread from europe open to US close (13 hours)