Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I'll try to re-enter if I find a proper entry with a fairly big position and a tight stop , to catch a late rally if it will come.

Had one more failed trade. Called it quits. Long was not the play for tonight.

hey, martin - how life been treating you? well, i hope.

Hi Jon. Good to hear from you. Life is on the up. Fingers crossed. Haven't taken a break from trading, just have less time to do so. I am doing some project management building extensions for people. It sure is nice to have regular cash coming in, and it takes the pressure off me to perform on the trading side. I was under capitalised earlier in the year and I was afraid to trade. Also it has given me some time to assess my trading strategies. I keep improving and read the markets pretty well most of the time. It's nice to come back here and see some familiar names. I will try to post more frequently, as time allows. Keep up the good work.

cheers

Martin

I know this is off topic for this thread, but does anyone have any opinion on Cantor Index Trade with Confidence. Financial Spread Betting and Low cost CFD Trading | Cantor Index ?

They claim zero spreads on 5 producs including the FTSE on accounts with min balance 5,000

I would not base my decisions solely on difference between 1 and 0 point spreads on 5 products. This could be important for someone scalping a few points here and there, but for longer term trades (and potentially bigger wins) overnight funding is equally important and can be a big hit over extended period of time. Let me know when they have 0 point spreads on quarterly futures, not DFTs and I will consider putting my money there.

Surprised DOW was not down more on the ISM Manufacturing PMI, weakest since 2009.
Looking for ASX range of 4480/85 to 4520/25 current 4521
ASX value to current FTSE price is 4511 from yesterdays close.
Watching HK and China today, more weakness will see a very negative start for the FTSE and DOW. Also RBA rate call, 80% of economist expect a cut.

Morning All
BHP -0.75%
RIO -0.22%
Most Asian markets down, HK showing bit of strength after yesterdays weakness.
AUD up on rate cut and ASX down, classic buy the rumour sell the fact
$A Up On Greek Debt News

good morning bustech jungerns and rawrschach

EURUSD very strong, looks like dollar weakness

bustech anyone who had bought the short end of the aussie gov debt a few months ago would be laughing today as rates fall

good morning bustech jungerns and rawrschach

EURUSD very strong, looks like dollar weakness

bustech anyone who had bought the short end of the aussie gov debt a few months ago would be laughing today as rates fall

Morning SD

More cuts possible in the New Year.
Shanghai Composite ended up 0.78% after being down most of the day.
FTSE looking weak,

Morning SD

More cuts possible in the New Year.
Shanghai Composite ended up 0.78% after being down most of the day.
FTSE looking weak,

bustech start hoarding goods and buy gold, is the inflation higher than deposit interest rates?

you have real cash return, no need to start hoarding just yet. is the government inflation figure accurate?

with positive return aussie should outperform gbp and USD

Government figures accurate.:LOL:

Aussies are better off buying shares in overseas markets in the last 4 to 5 years with the high currency.

FTSE looks like a one way day up to me. It's punctured the 61.8% level with two long bullish candles on the 1 hour chart. Makes me think we will see a slow slog up to the 78.6% level at 5893.6. Can't see a retest of the 5904 high at the moment. If it breaks below 5873 then it should retest 5853 and probably go down to 5838.

ES and DAX are more sluggish. If it gets there, I have a limit sell order on the ES at 1409.75, 1 tick below the prior support at 1410.00 and not far from the 38% retracement on the 1 hour at 1410.71. It should have one more go at the lows.