Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

It started to go away from me :(

Zorbas as its quiet and as I haven't been since 1992 where's a nice Greek Island these days........??
Not interested in Crete Corfu Zante or Rhodes as been before.......??

Myself and my 12 year old and a Bundle of Euro's......:D

15:00pm like clockwork

much better on dow though, that fell 64 as against ftse's measly 17

aye, good job i didn't need to hedge the ftse short - it wouldn't have gone well net.

i use 50ma's on 1 min charts and compare across indices. it dampens out noise and extremes, I have also notice into the close they dislocate FTSE from other indices so in comparing i try and avoid the last 35mins or so of FTSE trading

FTSE range today is 36pts. very low,

Aye, last half hour often a tad hectic. ftse very often plays a bit of catch up - if it's traded weak vs dow during day then it'll tend to trade strong vs dow into the close and vice versa. Doesn't matter if it's going up or down at the time.

Aye, last half hour often a tad hectic. ftse very often plays a bit of catch up - if it's traded weak vs dow during day then it'll tend to trade strong vs dow into the close and vice versa. Doesn't matter if it's going up or down at the time.

my system shows me big trades that occurred yesterday in FTSE100 dec futures
5780/5790 is big area, FTSE cash/futures spread is only 1 or 2 points currently, so going long bounces from ***0 work well, yesterday i was entering long everytime ftse crossed above 5782.

my system shows me big trades that occurred yesterday in FTSE100 dec futures
5780/5790 is big area, FTSE cash/futures spread is only 1 or 2 points currently, so going long bounces from ***0 work well, yesterday i was entering long everytime ftse crossed above 5782.

coo, how many trades you take a day (roughly)?

coo, how many trades you take a day (roughly)?

can be 1 or sometimes as many as 5, depends how the price moves around pivots,

I am counting a bunch of buy orders overnight as a single trade. for instance if I am bullish I would place buy orders at 10pt intervals below close at 4.35pm.

50 or 100 an extreme level which cannot get spiked out. also I only do this when i determine that the indices are very bullish

sorry, called away.

can go pretty deep against you then - not my taste :LOL: . what about target? Not meant to be an interrogation this, just interested :)

sorry, called away.

can go pretty deep against you then - not my taste :LOL: . what about target? Not meant to be an interrogation this, just interested :)

just look for daily range or some level measured from sp500 dec.

I missed it but FTSE100 reversed from 5830, which is 50% retracement of the past 3 months sp500dec

sorry, called away.

we bounced from a big fib level on sp500 dec. also risk indicators are very low,

I think the market is just doing what it normally does after a big move higher, it consolidates and sometimes reverses the gain, wants some volume behind it

The 5780 is coincidently near the 5782 buy trigger, i have been buying the break above 5782

to answer your question, i do not know, i missed the fact that 5830 was equivalent to sp500dec 500 fib,

the internals for dow/sp500 and ftse are all above 95% bullish, lets see how it closes

posted the above YESTERDAY, 4:01PM

Zorbas as its quiet and as I haven't been since 1992 where's a nice Greek Island these days........??
Not interested in Crete Corfu Zante or Rhodes as been before.......??

Myself and my 12 year old and a Bundle of Euro's......:D

Hi Jurg,

Well, if you're looking for excitement then Mykonos and Santorini fit the bill.

Otherwise Skiathos, Samos or Thasos could be good candidates as more appropriate for families.

When you intend to go, tell me to come with more details.

Best