Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

i think mr bull was targeting sp1400 ....he'll want a close above...maybe they'll oblige with a higher high

Morning All
BHP - +0.77%
RIO - Flat
Asian markets up, HK down, had a big up close on Friday.
Markets have opened on there highs and drifted lower.
Markets look a little stretched in this part of the world.
New Zealand share market hits 5 year high.
Santa may have got November mixed up with December.

mornin' all

Attachments

• FTSE 100 .png
    FTSE 100 .png
    10.5 KB · Views: 152
  • FTSE 100 w.png
    FTSE 100 w.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 127
  • FTSE 100d.png
    FTSE 100d.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 135
former mpc member david blanchflower

The CBI found that manufacturers expect to reduce output over the next three months, while overall orders are relatively flat. Of the 409 manufacturers responding, only 19 per cent expect to increase their volume of output over the next three months and 28 per cent expect it to fall. The resulting balance of minus-9 per cent marks the lowest prediction this year. This suggests GDP growth in the fourth quarter will turn negative again.

David Blanchflower: David Cameron's economic gibberish - David Blanchflower - Business Comment - The Independent

morning barjon

Held a short FTSE over the weekend in the pound currency.
Had to pay interest on my short position.
Before always held longer term FTSE trades in the AUD and got paid interest for a short. May have something to do with the rates from the RBA and BOE.
Not a big deal, but got me thinking.

For example -

365 day divisor is used for UK, Singapore and South Africa markets, and a 360 day divisor is used for all other markets.

Market : FTSE 100 (£2 Mini Contract)
Direction : Short
Number of Lots : 2
Value of One Pip : £2
Applicable Annual Interest Rate : LIBOR = 0.4963 indicatively Underlying Index Price at 10 pm (UK Time) : 5680

Daily interest adjustment = 2 x £2 x 5680 x [(0.4963 - 2.5%) / 365 days] = - £1.25

Held a short FTSE over the weekend in the pound currency.
Had to pay interest on my short position.
Before always held longer term FTSE trades in the AUD and got paid interest for a short. May have something to do with the rates from the RBA and BOE.
Not a big deal, but got me thinking.

For example -

365 day divisor is used for UK, Singapore and South Africa markets, and a 360 day divisor is used for all other markets.

Market : FTSE 100 (£2 Mini Contract)
Direction : Short
Number of Lots : 2
Value of One Pip : £2
Applicable Annual Interest Rate : LIBOR = 0.4963 indicatively Underlying Index Price at 10 pm (UK Time) : 5680

Daily interest adjustment = 2 x £2 x 5680 x [(0.4963 - 2.5%) / 365 days] = - £1.25

Got it.

Same reason for shorting AUD.
Mission impossible to short AUD, FTSE and DOW on the longer term.

because of interest rate differential ? the currency carry trade is working against you?

That's it SD.
Very quiet today.
Waiting for Greece decision and after the big US move(black friday maybe?).
Hope the markets will hold and will look to short in Asia on Tuesday on any sharp move up on the Greek call.