Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I'm "in" again at 5761, in line with the gap at 9:46 and the apparent support there.

Attachments

• Close Prices.JPG
    Close Prices.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 115
Up to no good, I bet.

Currently I am on my 3rd trade, this time short running a net gain of 0 points-

I'm beginning to mutter to myself!

This latest trade is, currently 8 points up

Dax fallen 100pts after breaking Sell pivot.

Did you get any of this movement SD.

I know this is titled Scalping FTSE Futures so I apologies but I notice a lot of talk about DJIA30, S&P500 and DAX30, although having said that I don't actually see any scalpers, just traders.

Any way, sorry for the late post. I have other things to do so wont always post immediately which is why I'm not adverse to screenshots.

Anyway, just to let you know I got in at with 4 bets at an average of 6994.3.

These are December bets and on a longer term time frame. I will be back another time when looking to close.

All the best,

Lee Shepherd

Sorry I've been hopeless today. My 5785 prediction from 4hr chart was counter to the trend. It looked promising initially then ghastly bears appeared at 5778. This is way short of 5785 so I consider this a failed prediction.

Sometimes my predictions retrace over 100% of the initial signal candle, however it may simply be wrong. Unfortunately my upper level signals have all passed their bearish targets so my strategy is really weak at this point.

I'm now +4 total after "exiting" last trade from 11:19 at 11:40 when it failed to reach a new high (gave me +1).

Thanks! But it has to be taken in with the net trading position on the day.

If there is giant selloff some time from now, I am in a good position,. Othrerwise, I feel that I will end up the same as yesterday.

Did you get any of this movement SD.

I know this is titled Scalping FTSE Futures so I apologies but I notice a lot of talk about DJIA30, S&P500 and DAX30, although having said that I don't actually see any scalpers, just traders.

Any way, sorry for the late post. I have other things to do so wont always post immediately which is why I'm not adverse to screenshots.

Anyway, just to let you know I got in at with 4 bets at an average of 6994.3.

These are December bets and on a longer term time frame. I will be back another time when looking to close.

All the best,

Lee Shepherd

I did not, somebody in this room asked about the Dax, I had posted a chart of FXI and its breech of 100day ma, and pointed out that it gave a bearish tilt to Dax.

thanks for sharing your FTSE trades Lee Shepherd, I will find out about getting the title of this thread changed, not sure how its done.

Sorry I've been hopeless today. My 5785 prediction from 4hr chart was counter to the trend. It looked promising initially then ghastly bears appeared at 5778. This is way short of 5785 so I consider this a failed prediction.

Sometimes my predictions retrace over 100% of the initial signal candle, however it may simply be wrong. Unfortunately my upper level signals have all passed their bearish targets so my strategy is really weak at this point.

I'm now +4 total after "exiting" last trade from 11:19 at 11:40 when it failed to reach a new high (gave me +1).

I was hoping to short at around that level, too, but I try to be realistic with these levels. There is no way that these can be exact figures. It is a zone, only. Feb, on that link, says "if the profit drops to half, take it and run!" That is what I am trying to do.

My present, short trade, has currently, shown me a paper profit of 12 points, so if it drops back to 6 points, I shall get out. Is this wise? I am experimenting, at present, with low stakes, but, I tell you, it's been a lousy week!

No risk, no gain may be very true. We shall see because I intend to give it more time next week.

I was hoping to short at around that level, too, but I try to be realistic with these levels. There is no way that these can be exact figures. It is a zone, only. Feb, on that link, says "if the profit drops to half, take it and run!" That is what I am trying to do.

Good idea. I may follow that when it gets above 5 pips, before then +1.

My present, short trade, has currently, shown me a paper profit of 12 points, so if it drops back to 6 points, I shall get out. Is this wise? I am experimenting, at present, with low stakes, but, I tell you, it's been a lousy week!

No risk, no gain may be very true. We shall see because I intend to give it more time next week.

Bank holiday on Monday... I find those annoying now :)