Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I got some of that, yesterday, but I lost a lot poncing around beforehand. Today, I have decided to assume that we have seen the top and I shorted at 5522. I don't know---we'll see. It might last all day or less than an hour, or I could get cold feet at any time.

Good call

I think that the best part of it is that, so far, it is the one and only trade that I have opened. Yesterday, I was into forex, as well and, between one and the other.......

The Bollingers serve me well but you have to watch that they are not signalling a trend.

BTW, I told you before that I was using 30M. Today it's 5M. The 5 M chart, yesterday, looked great!

Everything looks on hold for the USA.
Have a good weekend.
See Ya Next week
Go England in the football.

ANy of you look at the SNP vs treasury spread differences (you have to invert the 10 year on the graph)...was giving advance notice of yesterday's sell off as well as oil and gold.

ANy of you look at the SNP vs treasury spread differences (you have to invert the 10 year on the graph)...was giving advance notice of yesterday's sell off as well as oil and gold.

thanks will check it out, can u post what you saw?

This has turned into a higher high. I got out with a couple of points. As I said before. The Bollinger turned into a trend, instead of bouncing.

thanks will check it out, can u post what you saw?

Attached. This is on the 1hr chart so you have to be a bit careful of the larger differences. (green is the 10yr UStreasury inverse, blue is the SNP).

There are some ways to rebase data to 1 but I don't have (nor can afford) a Bloomberg terminal and don;t have the time to bother to write something for myself so this is usually good enough for me. You can find some posts on ZH about the relationships sometimes but oil and gold were moving down long before the indexes started moving.

One thing I'm not so sure about is the large differences between SNP and the 10 yr UST whereas FTSE vs gilts and Eurostoxx vs Bunds don;t seem to diverge so much. However, correlations with US markets is still very high at the moment.

Attachments

• spread.png
    spread.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 155
SplitLink check out sp500 and dow they are trending higher

dow +50

Thanks for that. I cut my first trade for 4 points then shorted again. That trade still open for a current profit of 11 points. I feel that I should close it until I get to the other computer, around 1400.

PS. Yes closed for 7 points. I can enjoy a cup`of tea, now. I've been playing the whipsaw but this is the spikey, be careful, time

Thanks for that. I cut my first trade for 4 points then shorted again. That trade still open for a current profit of 11 points. I feel that I should close it until I get to the other computer, around 1400.

PS. Yes closed for 7 points. I can enjoy a cup`of tea, now. I've been playing the whipsaw but this is the spikey, be careful, time

yep agree