Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

My tea leaves from my mug of "yorkshire" this morning (downunder) are indicating a rise...initially
Ftse stop order in..... above 7135, modest stake. Stop below 7120. Looking for 7160 and 7180. Let's see.

All automated on orders I'm afraid! Trade triggered (whilst on the dailygrind) then dive hit stop -15....then up those levels 7160 and 7180. This why I love trading lol:(
Looking at potential short now for a few...let's see

Its there I hope you sold. (y)

I'm short ftse 7161

NO!...got stopped out with the early machinations....Looks like a bear trap pre-market..got stopped on the way down from order being triggered. Using orders has advantages and disadvantages, next time I might put a cover limit order at a support area much lower down to catch this scenario pre- market open as well as a stop order...:devilish:

Last edited:
As it did last week, the evolution of American markets should dictate course and sentiment in Europe. Another issue that global investors will be debating is the growing tension between Israel and Syria. On Saturday, Israeli aviation carried out several attacks on the border separating the two countries, and Syrian forces reinstated, shooting down an F-16. The civil war in Syria has been the scene of the intervention of two superpowers (US and Russia) and various regional powers (Iran, Turkey and now Israel), all pursuing different goals. Thus, the possibility of an incident between these actors is a real threat. Added to this scenario is the war in Yemen, the dispute between Qatar and several Arab countries, making the Middle East one of the most delicate and unstable regions on the globe. Considering that the region is also the largest oil producer in the world, then any negative event has the ability to boost crude oil prices. In recent sessions, oil has suffered sharp losses due to strong sales by hedge funds.