Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

There's a difference between thinking you have an edge and knowing you have an edge. Are your records good enough to state that you have an edge?

to answer your question, no i don;t KNOW for certain I have an adge, if I did I'd be trading a real account.

however, i feel i am developing one slowly but surely thru watching charts a lot and trading the DEMO account like it is a reall acct. but not an edge that is based on hard math, simply watching PA and pulling the trigger.

I'll never be much more than this, and thats ok with me if i can just get a feel for it.

You had a stop of 30 and you took profits at 10 yesterday = 1:3
You had a stop of 30 and you took profits at 15 today = 1:2

You had a stop of 30 and you took profits at 10 yesterday = 1:3
You had a stop of 30 and you took profits at 15 today = 1:2

ok. i'd consider myself more of a scalper than anything else. i'm not sure if scalpers look at it your way, or do they? scalpers are just chipping away, sometimes they get caught in a draft, up or down. mostly they just chip away, agreed?

when your scalping you don't have luxery of tossing out a sharpe trade, and then go make a sammich. your GLUED, try eek out few ticks and get lucky with the draft.

i just love it when i see here. "ya bee back in 4 hrs to check on my trade" :D

If you can make money with those R:Rs good for you, but the only thing that gets chipped away is your account IMO and IME (experience)

If you can make money with those R:Rs good for you, but the only thing that gets chipped away is your account IMO and IME (experience)

ok. if i have a 30 tick stop what would you consider the reasonable trgt? 90 ticks??

The week of Thanksgiving is usually favorable to stock markets. In fact, since 1945, the S&P ended that week up in 75% of that period, with an average valuation of 0.64%. Interestingly, in the years that the S&P has accumulated gains over 10% (as in the current year), the average Thanksgiving week gain rises to 0.84%.

Oil prices rose on the back of rising expectations that the OPEC meeting scheduled for next week will allow the cartel to prolong cuts to oil production currently in place.

to ME this is down & dirty, trench warfare. INFANTRY. Take that HILL!

from many here i take, this is a math project. i

is this how most you approach trading? poindexter spreadsheet calculations?