Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Had enough yet?
I think the dow has.

Attachments

• hey.png
    hey.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 73
Waiting again on Dow to move up and get my bermudas on again.
First sell waiting to get hit at 12615 and see how we go from there

Ok let's take the seat of my pants now and exit at 21582 for a quick few inside the range.

Real trades from a real trader, who can spell and isn't on demo.

Always difficult to share anything here as the vendors/scammers in waiting don't like it

Dax was a dud today 50 point range, ftse did 52 points.

Good job no one went long ... or short ... or worse BOTH on the dax today 'cause that was a waste of money! :whistling

Just did 2 mini sessions today - purely for "interest" or "educational" benefit based on 10 pips asking how to trade fast ( i dont class it as scalping) and post etc. This is pretty much my set up with my other info on a 2nd monitor. The 2nd monitor gives me all the volume information I require etc (even though I was told by piphoe that its irrelevant :cheesy:)

And also maybe to create debate with regards to calling turning areas etc, as much is written about what can and can’t be done.

IE – what is a turning point, what time line, by how much etc???

Crossed off the amount, but its irrelevant as you can see entries anyway but the purpose is application rather than the result.

My personal belief is that the further you move away from a second chart, the harder it is (just my personal view - others are welcome to their own). Why? Intraday price is all about here and now; if you offer a deal to someone, you want to know if they want it NOW, not give them a day to think about it, if you get my drift.

I take trades of 20 secs charts - off the pulse of price flow. Idea to be in the market as little time as the market wants me to be in.

Yes DT made a comment of trying to "fade" the market, and at times I will get low ticked like yesterday, but other times its good for a decent move. All swings in roundabouts. My last trade today came all out (even tough Im sure I whacked 1 lot at 40???) anyway that’s how it goes, nothing is perfect. But stops must be used trading this way, too many stop outs means we need to perfect the entry technique further, but it can be done.

Lots of talk about how many pts we make etc – to me personally its not relevant unless im trading at full size, thus the account benefits from these pts accumulated.

Total time in the market 25 mins - £ s relevant to the individual.
Just posting this for an alternative view. Many men, many many many methods.

Just waiting for a vendor attack lol

Last edited:
Dax was a dud today 50 point range, ftse did 52 points.

Good job no one went long ... or short ... or worse BOTH on the dax today 'cause that was a waste of money! :whistling

On your Daxie, maybe...but on mine I shorted at 12475 and got out at 12444. Okay, so it's not a shedload but repectable for a single tradelet.

Now az fo ther sspellnik vats quiet anuthre mutter.

Just did 2 mini sessions today - purely for "interest" or "educational" benefit based on 10 pips asking how to trade fast ( i dont class it as scalping) and post etc. This is pretty much my set up with my other info on a 2nd monitor. The 2nd monitor gives me all the volume information I require etc (even though I was told by piphoe that its irrelevant :cheesy:)

And also maybe to create debate with regards to calling turning areas etc, as much is written about what can and can’t be done.

IE – what is a turning point, what time line, by how much etc???

Crossed off the amount, but its irrelevant as you can see entries anyway but the purpose is application rather than the result.

My personal belief is that the further you move away from a second chart, the harder it is (just my personal view - others are welcome to their own). Why? Intraday price is all about here and now; if you offer a deal to someone, you want to know if they want it NOW, not give them a day to think about it, if you get my drift.

I take trades of 20 secs charts - off the pulse of price flow. Idea to be in the market as little time as the market wants me to be in.

Yes DT made a comment of trying to "fade" the market, and at times I will get low ticked like yesterday, but other times its good for a decent move. All swings in roundabouts. My last trade today came all out (even tough Im sure I whacked 1 lot at 40???) anyway that’s how it goes, nothing is perfect. But stops must be used trading this way, too many stop outs means we need to perfect the entry technique further, but it can be done.

Lots of talk about how many pts we make etc – to me personally its not relevant unless im trading at full size, thus the account benefits from these pts accumulated.

Total time in the market 25 mins - £ s relevant to the individual.
Just posting this for an alternative view. Many men, many many many methods.

Just waiting for a vendor attack lol

Thanks (y)

small long 2468

closing that here for 1 pathetic handle. I'm certain I'll regret that!

System says we should go taward 2480, but it is also giving me a short on the Dow (not that I ever take short trades on indicies) so best to just close it since there's some conflict and see what happens

Ok let's take the seat of my pants now and exit at 21582 for a quick few inside the range.

Real trades from a real trader, who can spell and isn't on demo.

Always difficult to share anything here as the vendors/scammers in waiting don't like it

Stop at b/e of too bed though watching the Dow has already put me asleep a few times this evening already.

Not sure either stop or tp will get hit but then it will stay on as said.

GL all, well nearly all.

screw it. Back in small longe at 70

Closing that one here for +3 handles (30 pips)

Add that to the prior long where I bottled it early for a measly +1 handle and that's

4 handles (40 pips)

I think it's still got a fair bit to go to be honest (2480ish for starters?), but I don't like the slow pace of the move.

Thats been struggling recently, are you expecting a surge above 20,000 or a quick scalp.

getting close to the 21,145 target, might close at 21,130... see how the YEN does in the Asian session

added 10 min later:
Just jumped to 21,165... got out at 21,145 target... nice trade, 400 units

$1,597 <T'day Unrealized
$1,732 <T'day Realized

Last edited:
getting close to the 21,145 target, might close at 21,130... see how the YEN does in the Asian session

added 10 min later:
Just jumped to 21,165... got out at 21,145 target... nice trade, 400 units

Nice call.

You might act like an @rse but you were spot on.

Attachments

• nk.png
    nk.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 77
In the pre-opening, the European indices traded with modest gains. The morning will be based on expectations of the ECB. At today's meeting of this institution, investors will try to find clues as to when this institution will start the process of normalizing its monetary policy. This standardization should be based on the progressive reduction of the asset purchase program and the gradual rise in interest rates.