Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hehe. It was the first comment that got my attention

If in doubt [or lacking in common sense/skill] average down

I thought that sounds like a bit o me! :LOL:

Ive never heard of Tim Young before, but found some interviews he did with UKspreadbetting. I found myself agreeing with a fair bit of what he was saying, but you can feel the greenness come through in some of the clips imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpHMVW1mAw0&list=PLnSelbHUB6GQksHdISlsgWj9zZdCD0Ziy&index=2

you can feel the greenness come through in some of the clips imo.

No pun intended eh? lolz

Gotta love this, "Do you short?" "No I don't any more, it's just a psychological thing..." :|

So he misses out on ~50% of the opportunities, funny how he doesn't mention that on his Ayondo write-up, and a bigger shame he never makes it to the London trader meetups hah.

He gets introduced on tiptv by Zac as "a day trader for Ayondo" where it should be "a day trader with an account at Ayondo".

Although I have to thank him, after noticing how vague/evasive he is on tiptv and their lack of pressing for any kind of results to back-up his "credentials" kinda gave me a wake-up call about how tiptv is just another marketing channel for the retail sell-side and now I only watch it for a bit of light entertainment (y)

I can sympathise with the 'long only' approach tbh. It can be seen as halving your op for profit, can also be seen as halving opportunity for self nut kicking :D.
He made a valid point that risk is limited to the long side where its not to the short side. He also said (vaguely ;)) that he feels the market will go up over time. I can align with that view too. If we look at the overall trend for stocks, its up. The way I see this is if it comes under the heading of 'stuff in general' and its priced in this thing called money, over time the price will rise, if for no other reason than value of money (as it is today) is on a one way trip.

6099-darktone-albums-general-4-picture4356-purchasing-power-us-dollar.png

Ive never heard of 'tiptv', sounds like a great op for lulz :p(y)

2 years profits wiped out in a single trade . Shell shocked for months afterwards = Punter .

if ftse doesn't reach 7160 within the next week and we are less than 100 points from 6966
I believe a correction into 2017 is in order

I really was counting on 7160.....if you looks historically every time we reached those all time high's a drop was in order within 3 weeks.....the question is 300 point drop or 500 point drop. Recovery only begins after 6 to 8 weeks.

Margin(s) increasing on everything with my broker next week.... lol

Darktone are you going to be ok? Wish you the best - hard yakka this trading lark