Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Also add I usually scale in on positions and scale out, on low £pp ie 1 - that helps - usually have a target zone to enter the trade after which its cut.

Thanks, I've tried both and sometimes its death by a thousand cuts with tight stops, so I have used manual as well - very intensive though till you can put your stop to BE. Agree you need to kill the trade early - can always re-enter.

Oh yes, a fine line with tight stops, killing the trade too quickly = potential over-trading territory, it's easier said than done when you are in the thick of it.

Different days provide different conditions, I personally prefer it to be motoring, (I imagine most of us do) not necessarily enormous moves, just, well, a bit unhinged ;) but when suddenly the kitchen gets too hot I can lock up if I feel it's too wild ! & ops are missed, so, cake & eat it !

You're quite right though, it's an intense way to do business, I've kind of taught myself to be remote from the positions outcome, to save being a total tw@t when entering......I always expect to get smashed up a bit, so I enter with that in mind before running to the hills if its starts to go wobbly.

I am a mere part timer, hence the short trading window, & use SB to boot, so I'm just in it for the ride. If I had to rely on this to pay my way year in year out I'm not sure I'd enjoy it so much.

I do know guys that do trade as their sole income, but they are not just day traders, they hold positions for months on end.

Then, there are the dedicated day traders, some of whom are on this forum making a good living.

Just following the Brexit volatility.
Should be a good summer. (y)

you guys use that word for when a indices is much higher from last close, I forgot what you call it but the dji needs to go to .48% from last open...not much money but it's free lol

closed 1 @6010 - off for school run now.

Placed order to close last position @6023 (when on school run/coffee and paper read at cafe).
Strong buy signals at the open today (after the usual fake drop to take out stops, which I waited for).

I expect FTSE to be around 6010 - 6030 range for a bit now.

Reckon we're gonna make a run for 9826. Don't think we'll get it all today. But poss mon/tues before back down.