Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

There is no telling quite frankly, forget another long term bull trends for starters.

At the moment a trend will only last for a couple of days at best, you only need to look at the 4h or 1d charts to see the trend is definitely bearish.

Global economy is a mess this days. China and emerging market even the European market are slowing down and the U.S domestic market is the only market showing signs of strength.

Well Friday evening futures indicate a massive bullish reversal, but based on no good news [as NFP was pretty dire] so I think the upside is going to be limited I'm planning to buy any dip on Monday morning to ride a wave up-to 6300 and 9800 then will start adding hedging shorts at those levels ready to ride a reversal back downwards. Anyone got any thoughts?

i missed a lot of friday-am i right in thinking that on news the dow dipped 200 points and then recovered.

Well Friday evening futures indicate a massive bullish reversal, but based on no good news [as NFP was pretty dire] so I think the upside is going to be limited I'm planning to buy any dip on Monday morning to ride a wave up-to 6300 and 9800 then will start adding hedging shorts at those levels ready to ride a reversal back downwards. Anyone got any thoughts?
It always plays to have a written plan if you are going to trade following the trend.
How much are you prepared to lose on monday if things go wrong?
Plan could be.
The ftse dow and dax are looking to open strong on monday
i will monitor the dow futures in the morning and i will see what happened to the overnight far eastern markets.
is there any importAnt news due out?
i will enter small testing long when the ftse retracts-i WILL place a stop for the loss of £50
i will add to the position if need be
I will accept any losses and walk away if i lose £500.
you can then establish a plan for taking profits ets
BUT PLAN FOR LOSSES-PRESERVE CAPITAL.
SCALE IN AND OUT IF NEED BE

Last edited:
the indexes are going gangbusters today and no mistake... based on... que?

The employment report was clearly disappointing. Not only job creation has undergone a sharp slowdown as well as wages have remained unchanged does not constitute an inflationary pressure. So in terms of monetary policy, this data further complicated the mission of the Fed and does not fit clearly the conditions for a rise in interest rates in December, increasing the uncertainty in relation to the timing of the first increase in rates directors in the United States. After an initial fall in response to labor market data, the markets staged a very strong recovery. The rally was led by sectors that had previously been more penalized: mining, oil and biotechnology. It may be pointed out some reasons for this behavior. The first is that the weakness highlighted by the employment market has caused a devaluation of the dollar and as a result there has been an appreciation of commodities, which boosted mining and oil sectors and the industrial reflection. As usual, the biotechnology sector showed a fairly high volatility but ended the session with 3.40% gains. The strong recovery of the US indices is a positive sign from a technical point of view, it is important to check if it will continue in the coming days.

tick charts vs time charts

Does anyone use/prefer tick charts over time candlestick charts for price action trading?

I have traditionally used 1D, 1H / 15M, 5M, 1M charts for my trading - now I'm trialing/playing with 1000 / 450 / 150 tick charts to see what the crack is.

URLs below highlight some of the benefits - a great one for me has to be the condensing of periods of sideways movement;
https://www.prorealtime.com/en/x-tick-charts
http://emini-watch.com/emini-trading/tick-charts/

Any thoughts? Does anyone combine these with time-based charts with some sort of hybrid signal setup?
Do any markets "work better" with tick-size charts, aka S&P vs. UKX vs. DAX ?

Asian markets closed with some gains, which could perhaps have been more significant considering the rally held by the American indices. Today was signed the Trans-Pacific Partnership, an agreement between the US, Japan and over 10 economies of the Asia-Pacific region, which aims to promote free trade between these countries. This agreement is very important not only for the duration of their negotiations (5 years) as it involves countries that account for about 40% of world GDP.

The trade balance registered a deficit in August well above the estimated (48300 M.USD vs 42500 M.USD), while imports increased 2.60% and exports declined 2%. This fact limits the GDP growth in the 3rd quarter. In addition, the fall in exports, especially to emerging economies, may signal that American companies have suffered a fall in revenue in some areas of the globe. This is particularly relevant in the given moment as is approaching the earnings season.

S&P up over 100 in 4 days and they're still buying it into the close.
It must be Christmas already.

I'm guessing the S&P wants to break 2000 overnight as they wont be able to do it during the day.