Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

last time it took 156 hours to touch the bottom channel... that means 6.5 days... so unless we have sharp selling expect 4 to 6 days for the target... will see tomorrow selling...how it goes.

Would you enter now or wait for a leg up

Dow is still hanging around minor support area (green dotted line) if broken (which I expect to) DOW falls on secondary support area (blue dotted line) at 17500, I expect to bounce back to green dotted line... then we get another opportunity to short....

2vvnrle.jpg

Dow30

Hello everyone,

I'm new in this page and forum and quite still beginner and learning about trading. I got 3 dow30 Short-positions open at rate of 17358 - the market went completely up yesterday and today. Should i keep my positions open? Do you think it will go back at least to around 17360 or more below? Stupid mistakes I made..

Regards

I got 3 dow30 Short-positions open at rate of 17358 - the market went completely up yesterday and today. Should i keep my positions open?

Several options as I see it;

1) Take the loss and learn to cut your losses sooner in the future.
2) Hedge the position in the interim and wait for the market to come back, it will eventually but that could be days/weeks...
3) Leave the positions open, set their limit to 17300, set their stop to 18500+, over-capitalise the account and walk away for several days/weeks, *eventually* the DOW will reverse for one reason or another and you'll walk away with enough profit to cover your daily financing charges. Although if you can still sleep at night I'll be impressed :)

Asking for help is a good move though so you should be commended for that.

several options as i see it;

1) take the loss and learn to cut your losses sooner in the future.
2) hedge the position in the interim and wait for the market to come back, it will eventually but that could be days/weeks...
3) leave the positions open, set their limit to 17300, set their stop to 18500+, over-capitalise the account and walk away for several days/weeks, *eventually* the dow will reverse for one reason or another and you'll walk away with enough profit to cover your daily financing charges. Although if you can still sleep at night i'll be impressed :)

asking for help is a good move though so you should be commended for that.
very wise words..

Morning... BAck from Skiing. Love Skiing, Hate the people.

Order to buy DAX at 910

CS very kindly filled me a 914
I opened a CS account because I didn't want to have all my eggs in one (IG) basket.
So massively wished I didn't now, they are very poor, my reasoning;
  • Mobile app is massively inferior to IG
  • When you have paid for a guaranteed stop loss and the position is in profit and stop at BE, they still use 'margin', wtf?
  • All positions come with a stop loss, so it's impossible to properly hedge unless you capitalise the account with huge sums of money to account for moves in either direction, rubbish!

Sorry didn't mean to turn this into a bucketshop comparision thread, I just needed to vent grrr

Several options as I see it;

1) Take the loss and learn to cut your losses sooner in the future.
2) Hedge the position in the interim and wait for the market to come back, it will eventually but that could be days/weeks...
3) Leave the positions open, set their limit to 17300, set their stop to 18500+, over-capitalise the account and walk away for several days/weeks, *eventually* the DOW will reverse for one reason or another and you'll walk away with enough profit to cover your daily financing charges. Although if you can still sleep at night I'll be impressed :)

Asking for help is a good move though so you should be commended for that.

Thank you very much - appreciate that. I got frustrated, I made an obvious series of mistakes. I could have saved the day if I had accepted a little loss. I'm learning and i need to keep practicing as much as possible but now it's not possible to trade anymore, just looking at the screen and hoping something would turn dow30 back - they said that dow30 went up 300+ because of oil-rally. Now oil is heading down but dow is still going up, twisted trading.. :)