Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

yeah, seems to have rjected 1411 cash

I think a lot of people entered short at 1405/06 and you can see why... so market should go up and spook them out a bit.;. however.. others may see this as another chance to sell at a higher price...

anyway... not worth doing anything this morning.. time for a walk in the park..

Oh, I don't know..... I have a stop at 5814. But, I agree. Sitting and watching it isa waste of a beautiful day.

BTW, DJ (and DL), what do you lot do for a living? I'm retired.

I can go for a walk in the park!

Yesterday afternoon, I took 18 points in two minutes on the Euro/$. This morning, I am 20 points up on FT and it is, still, open. I shorted at 0822, 5804, well over an hour ago. My question is, which would you rather do? Yesterday, I had not even put my stop on, yet, and was still recording the details. It made me realise how easily it could have caught me the other way, I'm having a "stop on first" session, this morning.

your short then split?

Dick, don't ask me for concrete reasons but I follow my instincts. I use a 1 bar average on my bar chart. That is, effectively, a "close" line and I like it more than the candle. I prefer the higher highs, lower lows that it gives me along with the bars. Give it a try and tell me what you think.

Yesterday afternoon, I took 18 points in two minutes on the Euro/$. This morning, I am 20 points up on FT and it is, still, open. I shorted at 0822, 5804, well over an hour ago. My question is, which would you rather do? Yesterday, I had not even put my stop on, yet, and was still recording the details. It made me realise how easily it could have caught me the other way, I'm having a "stop on first" session, this morning.

split

aye, you can get burned very quickly on forex - why i stay clear - it's like trading ftse to the 0.1 of a point. the more sedate route for me :)

jon

Oh, I don't know..... I have a stop at 5814. But, I agree. Sitting and watching it isa waste of a beautiful day.

BTW, DJ (and DL), what do you lot do for a living? I'm retired.

I can go for a walk in the park!

retired... ish..

still need to trade to live though.. or Mrs DJ goes hungry..

Don't frighten me, Jon. I'm 30 points up. I think it would be unwise not to lock in 20, so here goes. 5784 Stop loss cash.

think you've caught a runner split ....good on ya:)

Don't frighten me, Jon. I'm 30 points up. I think it would be unwise not to lock in 20, so here goes. 5784 Stop loss cash.

nice one, split. it's the 10:00 dow action that sets the scene and that was right for you. ftse shows no sign of wanting to rise - outpacing dow down moves and not matching any up ticks.

I'm burning for a long but gotta wait for it to show a bit of strength vs dow in case I need to hedge.

nice one, split. it's the 10:00 dow action that sets the scene and that was right for you. ftse shows no sign of wanting to rise - outpacing dow down moves and not matching any up ticks.

I'm burning for a long but gotta wait for it to show a bit of strength vs dow in case I need to hedge.

I'm out, Jon. 1031 for 38 points. It started to teeter (I thought) and enough is enough!:D