Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

would like to see DOW do 13350 before the end of week.. would give me a lot more confidence to hold some shorts over the weekend..

good old 940 cash does it again.....what a thorn!!

must admit.. I thought ftse would retest 6000.. but I am struggling to see how it will do it now before end of week.. would require some big news... commodity based news to help the miners..

currently short DAX at 7163 !!! ES hit targets overnight .. not sure there is much more room for it upsode right now.. but daresay it might try... I am taking short positions this week on strength.. am sure there will be a lot of profit taking into the qtr end

out of short now

once and that was enough ...i got mauled :(

my strtegey only works on certain markets best ones are ftse and s&p ...no surprise eh?

just to let you know i've change my trading style a bit.. i only have a nibble now. i usually look for a move and try to get a bite out the middle....it's been working fine and gives me more time away from the screen ...once i have my pips i stop live trading... still like to give my long term view tho. still using price/volume mainly:)

just to let you know i've change my trading style a bit.. i only have a nibble now. i usually look for a move and try to get a bite out the middle....it's been working fine and gives me more time away from the screen ...once i have my pips i stop live trading... still like to give my long term view tho. still using price/volume mainly:)

interesting .. I am a bit of both really... I use my SB account for taking longer term swings and my futures platform for taking 10-20 prices.. I tend to play at the end of the ranges.. I find the middle of the range too choppy...

but like you I have a daily target ,, if I hit it ,, I stop for the day.. but I also have a rule that says if I am within £50 of my target my mid-day.. I can stop then as well..

nothing worse than giving it all back to the Americans;)

" catch a falling knife and put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day" tra la

long ftse with finger poised to dow hedge - ftse been viciously weak vs dow last couple of days, so due a bit of strength

hi bj, i was thinking this was a test of 880 again ...could still be i suppose ....think 860 might let the bears in:(

i'm hedged now so it's become a pair trade.

was that DJ I saw lurking behind the curtain :) - nice to see ya DJ.

" catch a falling knife and put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day" tra la

long ftse with finger poised to dow hedge - ftse been viciously weak vs dow last couple of days, so due a bit of strength

The FTSE just cant get anything back.

might be a dangerous game, reksa - I've got a lot of my shares rolling over and more shorts coming into play than longs atm - still only half position for shorts though.

does your :( mean you're long DJ (or were)