Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Seen a 120 point down move and retrace on Nikkei thats enough for me.
Dow holding this level ... :eek:

Have fun. (y)

Pre Hong Hong pop pushed everything higher.
Against the grain Short 22,698 stop 22,725

half off at 22,645 stop to B/E

Have to be careful with slippage on HK, makes the DOW and DAX look tame when it moves.

Close HK
all off now at 22,623

Last edited by a moderator:
Dentist, your 3640 is spot on in my book if it gets there….nearer term 3611 for swim or sink ….3595 is still mother if it falls.. so bearish (if there is such a thing) if we go below...

nasdaq 3595 rescued after the close yesterday ....

A general question here. If we see Indices pushing new highs then consolidating into a range, unless there is some negative news out, are the odds in favor of a push higher? My instinct is telling me that is usually the case but I haven't watched indices long enough to know whether that is a general indication or whether I've simply made that up. lol.

Probably crawl up in my useless opinion.....:|

You're probably right. In futures there was a false break before the close and on the open it's slightly up. Will be watching from the sidelines so good luck to you lot trading today! :clover:

Attachments

• DAX (GXM4) - 15.05.14.png
    DAX (GXM4) - 15.05.14.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 59
A general question here. If we see Indices pushing new highs then consolidating into a range, unless there is some negative news out, are the odds in favor of a push higher? My instinct is telling me that is usually the case but I haven't watched indices long enough to know whether that is a general indication or whether I've simply made that up. lol.

There are no general rules in these markets, they're all mad I tell you. :eek:
But they are showing extraordinary strength.

You're probably right. In futures there was a false break before the close and on the open it's slightly up. Will be watching from the sidelines so good luck to you lot trading today! :clover:

Morning SBS, what do you normally trade and what brings you to this jungle...:?:

Shorts on DOW protected and on dax at BE.
Bearish flag on H4 on DOW, dax is in deep searching for the direction.
On H4 retest of the previous H is poss on DAX before it tumbles down.
By tonight we might know.
There is plenty of time for the indices to get to the next Low on Delta count, so I say Piano, Piano and enjoy the good weather and stay :cool: and be very:D

Morning SBS, what do you normally trade and what brings you to this jungle...:?:

I normally trade spot FX (majors) and spot gold as it's what I have spent most time studying, and also I find it good for a TA approach which my strat relies upon. I would like to move towards futures eventually though and like the look of the FTSE and DAX so I just watch them in my spare time.

I normally trade spot FX (majors) and spot gold as it's what I have spent most time studying, and also I find it good for a TA approach which my strat relies upon. I would like to move towards futures eventually though and like the look of the FTSE and DAX so I just watch them in my spare time.

WE know you are one of the LURKERS..........more the merrier....:)

There is plenty of time for the indices to get to the next Low on Delta count, so I say Piano, Piano and enjoy the good weather and stay :cool: and be very:D

Chi va piano va sano e lontano!

I'm going nocturnal.
It appears the only place to get movement in a market is to trade Asia.