Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

just shorted dax at 9568, then realized the spread has widened from 1 to 6 pips :(

There was a documentry on HFT recently where one of the propellor heads that writes algos traded into the close and left himself open overnight so dont feel to bad about it, you must be really clever! ;)

;)

At 39.06 you hear the immortal words "Oh hey the markets closed"....
Your future is in their hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
In your top ten list of trading rules have "Wear a watch" as number 1.
Or you can get one of those radio time clocks that set themselves for 7.99 at Maplin.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/acctim-radio-controlled-digital-lcd-alarm-clock-n26kt

Well worth the money. :LOL:

There was a documentry on HFT recently where one of the propellor heads that writes algos traded into the close and left himself open overnight so dont feel to bad about it, you must be really clever! ;)

:LOL: :LOL: Im spreadbetting it, they just make their own prices up any way. What i have found that at 21.00 my timetotrade chart candles freeze and the price continues up and down, price is still moving now. should of realized the wide spread though.

My sb market is open again now, Unfortunately, the chart candles haven't started to move yet. :confused:

My sb market is open again now, Unfortunately, the chart candles haven't started to move yet. :confused:

Mike you still got an open position.

I'm not doing anything, been the pub and my pc should have a breathalyser fitted to it, i'll be up at 2am trading the NIKKI.

Yes, still short on the dax, dont know where the price feed is coming from, but in profit 1 pip atm.

Im getting mixed up with the 24 hr forex market, as postman rightly pointed out :LOL:

Not sure why my chart freezes at 21.00. you can clearly see price movement on the right hand side, but no candle movement. Anyway, ive set a hard stop and watching parking wars. :LOL:

"parking wars", is that the nights entertainment in your village, we count sheep in ours.........:p

Country lads taking on the world............:LOL:

"parking wars", is that the nights entertainment in your village, we count sheep in ours.........:p

Country lads taking on the world............:LOL:

It just makes me feel a bit sorry for our southern colleagues struggling to
park their cars when there's ample space up here :LOL:

It just makes me feel a bit sorry for our southern colleagues struggling to
park their cars when there's ample space up here :LOL:

True, i have 2 cars, i felt i should buy a second one just to help fill some of the free parking spaces...........:LOL:

[QUOTE critical area now 1873 cash[/QUOTE]

ditto

riches to rags today :(

frank sinatra ....."riding high in april shot down in may"

Last edited:
I just watched the bit where postman quoted,

" jeez the markets closed and i just bought facebook, What a idiot "

I might watch the whole thing now.

Ive just screenshot a statement from that last trade, Wouldn't want him to think i was lying. :LOL: 10 pips is ok from a closed market :whistling

Life of Brian......just had a quick short on Madam Dax for +5

Not sure where today is going, no too far looking at the start.