Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Whats the opinion on the opening price of the cash ftse then given the dax run today

futs are currently 5630 odd so expect cash to open about 5670 odd

and testing the gap I mentioned yesterday

todays futs opening gap could be dangerous as the range was traded on other markets
so it may not be the weakness one might normally suppose

may be best to await developments

the question now is how long can it stay overbought

but if I could borrow at 0%, I might be tempted to put some of it into the stockmarkets too

You sound quite bullish MC..

Have to say I have given up trying to second guess the longer term moves.. if FTSE came down to 4000's I might buy some stocks, but not at these levels.

I do agree that the gap might be a sign of very bullish sentiment though..

at the moment I have a short trade open as I said yesterday.. so far looks ok, but would like to see futures below 5588 before I get too excited.

You sound quite bullish MC..

I really hope not

nothing could be worse than a personal bias

but we are still in an up trend and they usually last longer than we think

we could get a V top but hopefully we will see a lower high first if the market is going to turn down

if FTSE came down to 4000's I might buy some stocks, but not at these levels.

I was referring to the banks who are now flush with liquidity
not advocating a personal investment plan

With virtually free money and plenty of high yielders about some of it must surely be supporting the market

I was referring to the banks who are now flush with liquidity
not advocating a personal investment plan

With virtually free money and plenty of high yielders about some of it must surely be supporting the market

I have often wondered if blue chips become the new AAA... and higher yields to boot. If this change in sentiment came.. then hello massive rally... and short those sovereigns

I also suspect that the market now sees the ECB move to provide massive liquidity to banks as QE.... as they now will conduct a carry trade in govt bonds.. kicks the can a but further down the road

Amazing how quickly the french filled their gap this morning (definite laggards)

but the Dax is holding up well
so maybe we can see some sort of rally now for a while

Well it’s Olympic year and it’s nice to see the FTSE making an effort.

She almost made her personal best in the pole vault yesterday at 5700 but fell just short.

Meanwhile I think Chris Hoy is wondering where the next cycle is:)

She almost made her personal best in the pole vault yesterday at 5700 but fell just short.

HI Dick.. how's it hanging? happy new year:D

I know the indexes all like to rally together but the moment passed with the french making a second low

but when you see them all rally or fall together its time to keep an eye on them

I know this is a FTSE thread.. but if anyone is interested in trading commodities then Cocoa looks interesting as a buy.... I am waiting for a small retracement , then I am in..:whistling

It seems that DC and Martin must be taking an extended holiday....

am long on Cocoa now.

anyone seeing 5800 / 5850 as next target before some serious shorting?

I am not trading today either, although I do have a small short at the top here at 1279.50 on the ES. It's done a 161.8% and has a gap to fill, so I thought this had gone up far enough without a retest.

I am actually sorting out my office today, and throwing lots of junk out. Will be back tomorrow. Good luck to all this year.

she's havin another go....bronze 700...silver 840...gold 6000:)